DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thanks for the help everyone

I am wondering do I need a copy of D & D to play C & C, and if so what addition works with the ruleset? Thanks everyone

You don't need a copy of D&D. Castles and Crusades is an OGL game which uses 3rd edition SRD components to run a game in the same style as the old Basic D&D set. The rules are included in the ruleset, as modules, but you may also find it useful to pick up a copy of the C&C Players Guide.

https://www.trolllord.com/cnc/index.html
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Actually C&C is an more an evolution of the AD&D game rather than Basic D&D.

In the opinion of many players (and the late great Gary Gygax) it is what 3E should have been (although the commercial success of 3E would indicate that WotC were not wrong to bring 3E to market). It is a streamlined AD&D with a very simple but effective skill check system. It is however a system in its own right, and has as many differences from AD&D as it does similarities . I would say it uses elements of 1st edition rather than 3E. I think the most 3E thing it has is a positive AC system rather than negative.

As valarian says having a pdf or hard copy of the players handbook would be useful if you don't already have it, but the full transcript is included in the players handbook module (3rd printing) that comes with the ruleset - although it is not as easy to read as a pdf.

You can also download the C&C quickstart guide for free from the troll lords website the link is at the bottom of the page which valerian has linked above
    anyway I hope you enjoy the system and the FGII platform.

Sorcerer

Thanks Val and Sorc

That helps alot, I do plan on getting the hard copies. From what ive seen so far reminds of my days back in the early 80's.

Thread Information