DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

House Rules from DrZeuss

Can someone please detail what does this extension do?

Thanks,
    Gustavo.

Blog Entries
    - adds the optional 4E House Rules for Fumble Dice. In standard rules 4E D&D an attack roll of 1 results in an automatic miss, the extension changes this functionality such that when an attack roll of 1 occurs, a fumble die is automatically rolled and the results output as part of the Attack string to the chatpad.

- augments the standard 4E desktop graphics for the ruleset with my personal custom graphics - this was the original skin the new default 4E theme came from.

Z.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thanks for the quick response!!!

AND - Horton hears a Hoo.
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

I really like the fumble dice.

I was unable to determine what the campaign date script does. Where does that show up in the FG interface, and how do yo use it?

Blog Entries
    Oh yes, I forgot about the date feature. As the DM you can enter /date into the chatbox to open up a small date and time tracker. It's hardcoded for the FR Calendar of Harptos.

You can advance/reverse time by scrolling over the number fields. Double clicking the hour/minute field sends a date+time stamp to the chat window, double-clicking the year/day fields sends the year/date stamp to the chat window. Handy for adding chronological events to the chat log.

You can also drag the fields to notes etc.

Last edited by Zeus; November 28th, 2010 at 00:39.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates

Excuse my ignorance. What is a "fumbled dice"?

Oh, and what does the font extension do?
    --Doc Waldo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Waldo
    Excuse my ignorance. What is a "fumbled dice"?

Oh, and what does the font extension do?
    Fumble Dice is an old 3E concept. Its effectively a 1d6 where 1 = Fall, 2 = Hit Self, 3 = Hit Ally, 4 = Drop Weapon, 5 = Break Weapon and 6 = Miss etc. etc. 4E offers slightly different optional House Rules, see p189 of the DMG.

4EFont Extension see here.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

How do you handle a "broken weapon" in 4e? also, can I go into the extension and change the parameters? For example, I don't want to deal with a broken weapon, so sub it for something else? Thanks.
    --Doc Waldo

Blog Entries
    Handling broken weapons is really at the discretion of the DM. In my games players who break normal weapons can pay to have them repaired (once they find a suitable smithy etc.). For magical weapons I usually make it more demanding for the players to 'restore' their weapons, this can sometimes lead to side quests or in the case of one of my players (Paladin) lead to a greater quest (holy pilgrimage) with major campaign events interwoven into the storyline

And yes, you can change the roll effects by simply editing the FumbleManager.lua script in the extension.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Thread Information