DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... Last

Unicore released

The first release of Unicore ruleset (version 0.8) is here. Unicore ruleset is not an RPG system by itself but it's ruleset template which can be modified easily for very simple RPG systems. All you have to do is to modify single file and name a few things like what primary and secondary characteristics there is in the RPG system.

What is it actually good for? Oh course this ruleset is far from being fully flexible and configurable to fit for most of the simple RPG system, for example you can only setup systems that uses only single die type to make
    skill resolutions (dice pools and for example 2d6 won't do good here). In addition it has few quirks for example it's little bit slower than other rulesets due to dynamic nature. But to answer the question itself-- it's good
    at using it for any Unisystem games! The ruleset itself is a rip-off from my original Unisystem ruleset but all the features are there, except for Unisystem RPG specific features. However you can setup most of the essential features by editing that single file. Personally I have already created Cinematic and Classic Unisystem extensions for this ruleset, but they are for my personal use only.

Why is this ruleset not Unisystem ruleset? -- because I haven't got permission (actually any response) from its creator to freely distribute it. This ruleset is just a potential template for any Unisystem games but it doesn't include any Unisystem related stuff out-of-the-box, you just have to setup them in single file.

If you're interested in this ruleset please PM me and I can share it with you and probably give you some more advices on how to use it and how to modify the RPG system setup file.

I attached few screenshots about character sheet's main tabpage when using different RPG system setup files.
    Last edited by Ikael; January 31st, 2013 at 08:55.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

sample setup file

Below is a sample content of the setup file

EDIT: removed due to deprication. See updated version of it below.
    Last edited by Ikael; December 9th, 2010 at 19:39.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Awesome where is the download link, I would love to run an 'All Flesh Must Be Eaten' game.

uploaded to FGWiki

Unicore ruleset version 0.85 is now uploaded to the FGWiki (Thanks to Oberoten!) You can find it from following direct link

Newbie idiot question here... I can't for the life of me figure out how to enable an extension.... Help?

Everybody is a beginner at some point so don't worry. To enable/use extensions in FG rulesets you must first place that extension file inside /extensions folder that can be found from FG Application Data folder. If you're using Windows you can access the FG application data folder by clicking START -> Fantasy Grounds II -> Application Data Folder. Inside that directory you can find the /extensions folder. Just copy-paste or move the given extension file there.

Then you need to restart your Fantasy Grounds application. Now that you have your FG open you should see all ruleset compable extension in the Create New Campaign or Load Campaign views. When you select ruleset that you would like to use it lists all compatable extension in the Campaign details/extensions. There you only need to apply the checkbox next to given extension's name to enable it and start/launch the campaign.

Hopefully this helps.

Unicore ruleset version 0.89 is now uploaded to the FGWiki! The newest version includes support for local character creation, several minor (but annoying) bug fixes and refactored databaseNode handling. The update also includes more capabilities in customizing/making own RPG systems.

So I'm seeing the sample Unicore extension when I create a new Unicore campaign and I'm selected that. But all I'm getting when I start the new campaign is a slate gray screen and dice, which doesn't sound like what I want.... Hmm.... In case it makes a difference I'm running Windows 7 64-bit (with Fantasy Grounds II being installed as 32-bit).
    Last edited by dstack1776; November 3rd, 2010 at 23:44.

Well I feel like an idiot.... So what apparently happened was the handy dandy theme wood I downloaded got aborted and I had a truncated file. I discovered this when I changed the .ext to .zip to see if I could take a peek at the guts of it and discovered it wasn't a valid archive.

Unicore 0.911

The new updated version of Unicore ruleset is now uploaded to the FGWiki. The customization has been changed slightly during the process. Major updates from 0.89 to 0.911 are listed below:

Version 0.9
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    - Mood didn't work for players when in private channel [Fixed]
    - Allies/Enemies on character sheet was revised. NPC entries can now be dragged and
    dropped to character sheet's allies and enemies list, which will add that NPC entry
    to be character's ally or enemy and he can check out his charasteristics.
    - NPCs can now be shared to players
    - Pc-to-NPC conversion didn't work properly [Fixed]
    - Character sheet labels can now be customized

Version 0.91
    - Dicepool tool was revised to have fields for both task and damage. Tool can be
    opened with command /dp.
    - Customization was made more consistent by changing the way how labels and lists are
    defined.
    - Item exchanging between players had major bug. If name of the item was empty it tend
    to copy all possible items and even the combat maneuvers! [Fixed]
    - Minisheet primaryattribute field didn't show x2 multiplier widged properly [Fixed]

Version 0.911
    - Character sheet labeling controlls were made to template to avoid duplicate codelines.
    - Character sheet's main page was scrollable [Fixed]
    - Added new functionality to customatization: external nodes and default values.
    External nodes can be used to include any external node to the formula calculation.
    Default values is the functionality to allow base formula to have default formulas
    that will be used instead of empty formula.
    - Attribute selector on the skill-like task/testfields will now hide attribute selection
    if scrolled through the whole circle.
    - Static secondary attribute fields were not editable [fixed]
    - Carrying capacity calculation was revised to be more modular. The "lifting" fixednode
    was removed and now any primary attribute can be used in the carry capacity calculation.
    - Validator utility was initialized. This utility is meant to work for validating simple
    logic expressions such as >, < or =. This utility has replaced the carry capacity filtering.
    Now you can setup your own logic filter in carrying capacity determining.

Thread Information