STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Modifier Stack

Modifier Stack

Hohum... It have come to my attention, mostly due to Saithan creating a new command for FG that lets you send modifier to the players modifier stack, that the modifier stack is Per Player, not Per Character.

Per Example :

Player 1 has 2 characters :
    Abbyss and Bjorn.

So if I as a GM sends Abyss a +5 circumstance modifier it will apply to the next roll done by the player, regardless if I drop the bonus on Abbyss or on Bjorn.

I just think it'd be advantageous to have a modifier stack based per Character in these instances. Same goes if you have a two characters and start racking up modifiers and while you are doing this the GM wants a roll for the other character before you get your skill-roll or whatever you are doing.

All modifiers in the stack will be used regardless of the Character-active.

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Blog Entries
    I think that's doable but believe it would require an extensive re-write of the modifier stack so that as new PCs are selected additional stacks spawn on the desktop. Roll handlers would also have to be updated to support the new stack instances. All in all a fair amount of work I believe.

An alternative approach which may be easier and quicker to do is allow the GM to send the modifier details via the chatpad as a standard message and allow Players to drag the modifier result message to their stack. This way it won't matter how many PCs a Player has as they can simply repeat the drag/drop action per PC.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Game wise it would be very cool to have a hidden modifier to represent cursed and or blessed characters.

I think it would be fair to display a small message at the beginning of a session that says something like 'hidden modifications are in effect' if the extension is loaded.

I'd love to see a 'simulationist mode' that would hide info from players if they wouldn't realistically know it. 'The Box' is a huge advantage but it could be more elaborate.
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

In the 4E ruleset, you can drop a modifier on the chat window, then the player can drag onto their modifier stack. Either that, or I drop a one-off effect on the player with the modifier for their roll (i.e. Combat Advantage).

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information