DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Help with Fluff

Help with Fluff

I recently started using the parser, and have had pretty good luck with it. It is a very nice program that just needs a bit of thinking once in a while. However now that I have the core manuals in modules, and added the common items by straight input, I decided to my hand at the fluff. I input the first two types of creatures from mm1. All of the Aboleths came out right, except the servitor which I had misspelt. The Abominations however didn't come out at all. With the first set i have flavor, tactics and lore, the abominations only have a description which seems to mach what would be the flavor and nothing else. Also none of them seem to have grouped up for group search?

ex.
    ZZXBEGIN
    Aboleth Servitor
    ZZXEND
    ZGROUP
    Aboleth

ZZXBEGIN
    Aboleth Servitor
    ZZXEND
    ZFluff
    A WATERY HUMANOID
    ZTactics
    stays close
    ZLore
    A character knows the following information with a successful nature check.
    DC 5: FG2 IS FRIGGEN AWESOME

ZZXBEGIN
    Astral Stalker
    ZZXEND
    ZFluff
    pringles was all set to make tennis balls
    ZTactics
    but when their shipment of rubber was to be deliverd a truckload of potatoes arrived instead.
    ZLore
    A character knows the following information with a successful Religion check.
    DC 25: cut em up we'll make chips

i forgot, above teh astral stalker i have
    ZZXBEGIN
    Astral Stalker
    Other Abomination
    ZZXEND
    ZGROUP
    Abomination

Also with the Aboleth i have all others there, but each type of monster has its own group when i choose list by group.

It doesn't look like you are defining the group correctly. Everything you want in in a group should go in the list prior the the group name.

IE
    ZZXBEGIN
    Aboleth Lasher
    Aboleth Slime Mage
    Aboleth Overseer
    Aboleth Servitor
    ZZXEND
    ZGROUP
    Aboleth

This tells it you want all the different types of Aboleth in one group called Aboleth.

Grioge, sorry if my post isn't making sense, but that's the way i have it... i know i made it confusing by forgetting that block of text. anyhow

ZZXBEGIN
    Aboleth Servitor
    Other Aboleth
    Aboleth the 3rd
    ZZXEND
    ZGROUP
    Aboleth

ZZXBEGIN
    Aboleth Servitor
    ZZXEND
    ZFluff
    A WATERY HUMANOID
    ZTactics
    stays close
    ZLore
    A character knows the following information with a successful nature check.
    DC 5: FG2 IS FRIGGEN AWESOME

ZZXBEGIN
    Other Aboleth
    XZZXEND
    ZFluff
    ZTactics
    ZLore

ZZXBEGIN
    Astral Stalker
    Other Abomination
    ZZXEND
    ZGROUP
    Abomination

ZZXBEGIN
    Astral Stalker
    ZZXEND
    ZFluff
    pringles was all set to make tennis balls
    ZTactics
    but when their shipment of rubber was to be deliverd a truckload of potatoes arrived instead.
    ZLore
    A character knows the following information with a successful Religion check.
    DC 25: cut em up we'll make chips

the stalker and other abominations in one group and the aboleths in the other

Ah, my mistake - you are saying the abominations and Servitor aren't grouping correctly. The parser is case sensitive I think the problem might be you are using ZGROUP (all caps) when you should be using ZGroup (upper-lower case).

problems solved

Ok the monsters are grouping correctly, alternatively I also fixed my other issue as well. I after the first set went so well i decided to make a template which had ZZEND instead of ZZXEND so... its all better now. Just used notebook to replace all ZZENDs With ZZXEND and reparsed good to go.

Thanks guys!

Thread Information