DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Where can I find ready-made campaigns?

Or can I find ready made campaigns for 4e at all?
    By ready made I mean with maps, story, NPC's, Skill Challenges, the works. I'd gladly pay too.
    Just curious.

- NeoGeo

Blog Entries
    Campaigns/Adventure Modules need to be made/created by the users themselves inside FG.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Yes. But they can then be shared with others if I am not mistaken?

If you're looking for 4e, EN World has their War of the Burning Sky campaign wich Eugene has converted to FG. If you buy the mod, the FG version is a free addtion. Hell, if you subsribe to EN World, the campaign is included with your subsecription. $3 now gets you the first 4? adventures in the campaign.

Generally speaking, no they can't be shared because WotC has forbidden distribution of their intellectual property.

There are some loopholes, in that if you made an adventure that used all new monsters/npcs/traps/hazards it should be legal. If you look at the early Goodman Games "4E compatible" modules that is exactly what they did while using the OGL license.

The Fantasy Grounds store offers commercial adventures by many well known publishers searchable by System, Publisher, and/or Product Type. With a little effort you may make adjustments to reflect your chosen game system.

Griogre shares my view upon 4th edition GSL. My interpretation is that no 4th edition adventure module is currently possible because Fantasy Grounds itself is not licensed by WoTC. Other areas of the GSL are less clear, with issues of interpretation surrounding the word "electronic" and "automatation".

Regardless of the above topic, welcome to online roleplaying with Fantasy Grounds!
    Last edited by Andugus; September 9th, 2010 at 22:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen
    $3 now gets you the first 4? adventures in the campaign.
    Five, actually, with the sixth coming soon! Eventually it'll be twelve. Plus a player's guide and a campaign guide.

It's hard to get a better deal than the Burning Sky adventure path, for a few bucks you can get the adventure path and the FG modules.

If you are willing to pay for at least a month DDI subscription you can get the entire back catalog of 4E Dungeon adventures including the Scales of War adventure path. You'd have to do some work but it's very possible to just input the monsters and maps and run the adventures from the PDF.

Goodman Games also sells their 4E Dungeon Crawl adventures as PDFs (https://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?cPath=187 ).

WotC has H1 Keep on the Shadowfell up as a free download (https://www.wizards.com/dnd/TryDnD.aspx ) and you can get the first several Dungeons without a subscription IE Dungeon 155 (https://www.wizards.com/dnd/TOC.aspx...4new/dutoc/155 )

I understand that IP violations are a very touchy subject on these forums, and I wasn't looking for links to illegal files or anything of the sort.
    But are you saying that if I make my own campaign from scratch, but use monsters from the WotC MM, it would be illegal for me to distribute this campaign to others?

The text and stat blocks included in the published WOTC monster manuals is the Intellectual Property of WOTC. You can not reproduce/redistribute it without expressed written permission of WOTC.

So yes, if you made a campaign that used WOTC monsters and posted it here, you would be infringing on their Intellectual Property.

Thread Information