STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Haven
    Holy crap!! really?? but i mean how it work? like you have to write /lore only?? and then what...? sorry friend i´m confused...
    Do you, like, hate reading? It's right there in the article Fot5 linked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenian
    Usage:

/lore = Displays lore data for all npcs in the tracker that are set as visible

/lore {name} = Displays lore for just the npc in the tracker who's name begins with {name}.
    For example:
    "/lore Goblin" would display lore for any npcs on tracker with names that begin with goblin (Goblin Hexer, Goblin Blackblade, Goblin Sharpshooter, etc)

Duh!! sorry friend...
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Still not working for me though.
    DNH
    "Lost in Karameikos"

Blog Entries
    Some pointers.

- The lore output clients see via the chatpad depends upon the knowledge skill bonus the PC(s) have. This means if a PC doesn't have such skills/bonuses in the right Knowledge Skill they will not see any lore output.

- You need to ensure you have re-parsed your NPC based modules using the v4.0.103 release of the Parser or higher. Modules parsed with a version prior to v4.0.103 will not contain the required module data nodes the extension requires in order to output individual text (original lore text for NPCs were entered as a formattedtextfield making access to the individual text parts impossible).

- After re-parsing the NPC modules, ensure you delete any pre-existing NPCs from the Combat Tracker and re-add them (very important) before making use of the extension. This will ensure the version of the NPC in the CT is the latest version and avoids possible stale data from causing problems.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thanks for the pointers, Doc.

- I started afresh with a new test campaign, so I had created a new character specifically with skill bonuses in mind. He has (artificially-inflated) modifiers of +5 to Arcana, +20 to Nature and +0 to Religion. So with DCs of 15/20/25, he should see nothing about undead (Religion), just the basics about fey (Arcana) but everything about goblins (Nature).

- I re-parsed the adventure module using parser version 4.0.103.0. I posted the resulting code on page one of this thread and it clearly contains all the right nodes (ie both the formattedtext version of the lore entries and the individual entries for each aspect).

- As mentioned above, I started with a fresh test campaign, so there were no NPCs on the Combat Tracker to start with.

I shall keep plugging away at this for a while longer. I am a big fan of monster knowledge checks and this extension makes using them a doddle, so I shall be very disappointed if I fail to get it running properly.
    DNH
    "Lost in Karameikos"

Blog Entries
    Hmm, now its not working for me either! Although it did work back in v2.6.5, maybe something changed in v2.7.2 which has broken it. I've dropped Tenian a quick note.
    Last edited by Zeus; October 21st, 2010 at 14:55.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Sadly it brings me comfort knowing it doesn't work for you either, as you're are wise in the ways of these kinds of things.

Plus you like to help people troubleshoot issues, so I look forward to finding out how you fixed it.

Not given this a spin since it last failed to do anything for me but I would dearly love to have it working for when I resume DM duties in the new year. I would need to do some prep work on my adventure modules before then, so any news on what the problem is, or what a solution might be?

Thanks.
    DNH
    "Lost in Karameikos"

Quote Originally Posted by DNH
    Not given this a spin since it last failed to do anything for me but I would dearly love to have it working for when I resume DM duties in the new year. I would need to do some prep work on my adventure modules before then, so any news on what the problem is, or what a solution might be?

Thanks.
    DrZeuss will save us! He saves everyone!

There's a new version here

It was designed to work with the 115 parser (also now available) and adds the ability to push images along with text to your players.

The commands have changed:
    /ilore = sends just image data. No skill checks.
    /tlore = sends just the text data. Skill checks are applied (this is the old /lore command)
    /lore = combines /ilore and /tlore. Sending images to everyone and text to those who meet the skill checks.

All three commands support an optional npc name just as /lore did in the old version.

Thread Information