STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

4E Lore Extension now available

You can find out more details here

The short version, the extension when combined with modules created with the 4.0.103 parser allows you to use the /lore command to automatically deliver the lore data to your players.

Has anyone managed to get this to work? I have been having problems with it, as posted on Tenian's blog post.
    DNH
    "Lost in Karameikos"

He may have written it for another version of FG than what you are using. I haven't used it but I know someone who has.

lore extension

I have parsed with v. 103, and I'm using FG II v. 2.7.1. I have checked the XML, and the lore data has been parsed. When I type "/lore" when there are visible npcs in the CT, I only get a message "Delivering Lore" on both the host and client views.

EDIT: I have Windows 7, so I'm wondering if anybody who it is working for is using that OS.
    Last edited by Fot5; September 29th, 2010 at 13:16.

The Lore Extension is awesome.

I am positive that the lore data must exist in the module and the Client must have the prerequisite skills to view the lore in question. It works for me but I have only used it on one module during one session built via the parser.

No luck

Looks like I'm having the same problem as several other people. Any help at all would be appreciated.

I type /lore as the host. I get a Delivering Lore message on both the host and client screens (joined as localhost) and no information.

I am running 2.7.1.
    I have a module (db.xml) which hosts only my npcs.
    I opened the combat tracker, opened the library, dragged the npc from the library to the tracker and then from the tracker onto the map.
    I made the NPC visible on the tracker.
    I gave the PC 25 skill religion, arcana, etc.

I checked the module which has the npc information and the following is present:

<text type="formattedtext"><h>Flavor</h><p>Waerg are smelly and unpleasant. </p><h>Lore</h><p><p> A character knows the following with a successful Religion check.</p><p><b>DC 15:</b></p><p><frame> These are very nasty</frame></p><p><b>DC 20:</b></p><p><frame> You don't want to mess with them</frame></p><p><b>DC 25:</b></p><p><frame> I mean it.</frame></p></p></text>
    <token type="token">tokens/Nexus Fights/frenzied waerg.png@Nexus Fights</token>
    <lore>
    <id-00000>
    <dc type="number">15</dc>
    <text type="string">These are very nasty</text>
    <skills>
    <id-00000>
    <skill type="string">Religion</skill>
    </id-00000>
    </skills>
    </id-00000>
    <id-00001>
    <dc type="number">20</dc>
    <text type="string">You don't want to mess with them</text>
    <skills>
    <id-00000>
    </id-00000>
    </skills>
    </id-00001>
    <id-00002>
    <dc type="number">25</dc>
    <text type="string">I mean it.</text>
    <skills>
    <id-00000>
    </id-00000>
    </skills>
    </id-00002>
    </lore>

Just tried this again with a newly-parsed adventure module (parser version 4.0.103.0) AND the newly-released version 2.7.2 of the 4e ruleset but still no joy with getting it to work. All I get is a "Delivering Lore ..." message but no lore entries actually appear on the player's chat window.

I have checked the parsed module's db.xml to make sure all the appropriate bits are there, and it all looks correct to me. Here is a sample from one of the monsters.
    Code:
    <text type="formattedtext"><h>Lore</h><p><p></p><p><b>Nature  DC 15:</b></p><p><frame> Bog Toad, medium natural beast.</frame></p><p><b>Nature  DC 20:</b></p><p><frame> Bog toads attack by biting but also use a grasping tongue to pin their enemies down. They are also prodigiously good at jumping.</frame></p></p></text>
    <token type="token">tokens/Return to the Moathouse/bog toad.png@Return to the Moathouse</token>
    <lore>
       <id-00000>
          <dc type="number">15</dc>
          <text type="string">Bog Toad, medium natural beast.</text>
          <skills>
             <id-00000>
                <skill type="string">Nature</skill>
             </id-00000>
          </skills>
       </id-00000>
       <id-00001>
          <dc type="number">20</dc>
          <text type="string">Bog toads attack by biting but also use a grasping tongue to pin their enemies down. They are also prodigiously good at jumping.</text>
          <skills>
             <id-00000>
                <skill type="string">Nature</skill>
             </id-00000>
          </skills>
       </id-00001>
    </lore>
    There must be something I am doing wrong but I can't figure out what it is. Does anyone (Tenian?) have any ideas? My only thought is that I am creating these modules directly with the parser and *not* through the Adventure Workshop tool. Could that be it?
    DNH
    "Lost in Karameikos"

Errr...first of all can anyone explain me how this works or should work please...?
    Thanks
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

See here: https://dnd-4e.blogspot.com/2010/08/...extension.html. It's supposed to take data that is parsed in a module relating to monster knowledge (lore), determine which PCs would know that information based on passive checks, and then distribute it to the appropriate PCs.

Holy crap!! really?? but i mean how it work? like you have to write /lore only?? and then what...? sorry friend i&#180;m confused...
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Thread Information