DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Encounter Lvl Adj Field?

Can someone explain the function of the Lvl Adj field when creating encounters?

At first I thought it might automagically adjust the stats of NPCs which had an entry when they were put onto the combat tracker, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

It does automagically adjust the stats, maybe just not in the way you were expecting. It's a very handy feature and I use it a lot. However, it does so through effects instead of actually changing monster stats. So you have to roll monster attacks and damage from the combat tracker to actually see the difference. Basically if you increase or decrease the level by 1 then an effect is added to hit of +1 or -1 for every level changed. If you change a level by multiples of two then damage is also increased or decreased by 1 each multiple of two. Hit points are adjusted on the combat tracker, as well - you can see that right away because that is not an effect. Load a monster on to the tracker and then roll from the tracker to check it out.
    Last edited by Griogre; July 7th, 2012 at 19:38.

Ah I see it now. Very interesting and thanks very much for the details. I had to do this very thing not two games ago. This would have kept me from having to parse in a new beastie.

Thread Information