DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Any way to get the extra 3.5 rule books?

I am new to FG but have played (and collected) most of the 3.5 books, such as complete divine and psionics books. While I realize most people believe psions are over powered, is there a way to download the rulesets for FG so the extra feats, races, and classes can be played?

Blog Entries
    I think Psionics and Epic is available in the Complete SRD, which you can buy in the store.

But most of the supplements (Tome of Battle, for example) weren't part of the SRD, and so can't be distributed without permission from WotC (which they aren't likely to grant).

If you've got PDF versions you might be able to come up with some sort of parser along the lines of Tenian's 4e parser, or you could do a ton of cutting and pasting. If all you have are paper copies you'd have to scan and OCR them first. Either way it would be a ton of work.

~P

Best bet is to either do as Phystus has said, and do a lot of copy/paste'ing. Or search for sombody who has done the work already(a less legal option).

Either way, I'd suggest getting the PDFs and making it yourself. That way you're getting what you want.

~Nim

If I make it myself

Would I be creating a ruleset or module?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Dzurik
    Would I be creating a ruleset or module?
    I believe it would be technically a module. IIRC, the rulesets are really the framework needed to "house" the module/game system data.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Nim
    Either way, I'd suggest getting the PDFs and making it yourself.
    Just a quick note, but since WotC took down their PDFs from all sellers, this is a less legal option unless the PDFs were purchased before the withdrawal.

Blog Entries
    A less labor-intensive option might be to only build a module with only the races, feats, etc. that your players are actually using, or that you plan for you major BBEG's to use.

There's some documentation on building library modules (like the 3.5 rulebook modules that come with FG) here.

~P

That documentation is great, and quite detailed. For a briefer introduction to building library modules, you might like to have a look at Griogre's step-by-step guide (using spells as an example) that I tidied up and posted to Oberoten's FG wiki:-

https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/i...more_spells%3F

I'd go along with Phystus' suggestion of starting by just entering the bits you're actually using. I do this for my games, and then add new stuff when needed.

This looks great, thanks for all the responses, I am glad I can just edit the existing rules to add my stuff, since I am not all that savy with html (read patience)

Quote Originally Posted by Phystus
    A less labor-intensive option might be to only build a module with only the races, feats, etc. that your players are actually using, or that you plan for you major BBEG's to use.

There's some documentation on building library modules (like the 3.5 rulebook modules that come with FG) here.

~P
    Oh, that's awesome. I had taken to pruning out the existing modules to create shells to add data to for my Iron Kingdom's modules. This is good reading. Thanks!
    Concentration and dedication are the hallmarks of... Oh! Shiney!!
    CST (GMT -6:00)

Thread Information