DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Universal Table Rolling Extension

I have adapted my older Gurps table roller into a Universal version that has the framework to support any number & type of dice (including custom dice). I have also created documentation to help GMs adapt my ext to their systems.

Here is a screenshot showing the basic functions (it is also in the docs).

I have attached the EXT and the Documentation PDF.

--Version 2.0 2011-01-18 (initial Universal Version)

--Version 2.1 2011-01-24
    Added Gurps Major Wounds Tables (Neck, Skull, Veins & Vitals in MA138)
    Changed documentation to add the ability to duplicate results without retying the entry (ie map[x] = map[y]).
    Last edited by SpudmanWP; January 25th, 2011 at 00:45.
    'Build it and they will come'
    Universal Table Rolling Get it HERE
    FG2 Help Files Get it HERE
    Getting the Most Out of Notepad++ (FG2 & Lua spellcheck & Auto-Completion) Get it HERE
    Printing the contents of a table Get it HERE

Spudman, this is great. I was hoping you'd do that. How does your extension compare to the 4e one? (I'm not a 4e guy)

Mine is very simple and offers no way to make changes while in the program. However, mine is easier to make cut & paste changes to offline.

I don't play 4e so I do not use that ext and have no experience with it.
    Getting the Most Out of Notepad++ (FG2 & Lua spellcheck & Auto-Completion) Get it HERE

The files in the original post have been updated to Version 2.1

Changes:

1. Added Gurps Major Wounds Tables (Neck, Skull, Veins & Arteries, and Vitals) from MA138.

2. Changed the documentation to reflect a way to repeat information without having to type it all over again. For instance, some tables say things like "On a roll of 5-8, x happens". Instead of having to type multiple map[y]="xxxxx" statements, just create the duplicate by referencing the original (map[z]=map[y], etc).

Thumbs up

I just noticed this, and it's extremely useful. Thank you for supporting the GURPS 4e Fantasy Grounds 2 ruleset!

Edit: I'd add the Awe and Confusion effects from GURPS Powers (p.85), but right now I'd need to study how to modify the already provided setup.
    Last edited by demonsbane; January 30th, 2011 at 17:29.
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

I have been spending the last week adding the complete contents from "Df08 - Treasure Tables" and will add "Awe and Confusion" with that update sometime this week.

Here is a sample of a treasure table roll.

Hey, Treasure and Awe tables in progress . . . that's great!

As an afterthought, I'll be very interested into adding the results of the reaction roll tables.

All this -I'm including the GURPS_4Enhanced expansion by shaitan, too- contributes to a much more dynamic game flow and funnier use of the ruleset and of the FG 2 app in general.

SpudmanWP, excuse me for my impatience, I just discovered that there are these cool expansions to the GURPS ruleset and I don't know how to add such tables by myself . . .

For instance, there's the upcoming GURPS Social Engineering, and I know that it's going to come with enhanced and expanded social reaction roll tables, at least 11 of them for different social contexts (this will be a really nice book, BTW), and I'd like to be able to add them by myself (I foresee a heavy use for them!).
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."

Wolfgang Smith

Once all the big stuff is in I can concentrate on documentation and tools so GMs can add their own content easier.

Until then, I will add stuff as people suggest it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpudmanWP
    Once all the big stuff is in I can concentrate on documentation and tools so GMs can add their own content easier.

Until then, I will add stuff as people suggest it.
    I understand. Good thing that you are supportive of the GURPS ruleset.
    M.C. Escher

Wolfgang Smith

Thread Information