5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

sci-fi encounter maps

I'll just use this thread to post free sci-fi encounter maps i make for my own adventures. But someone might like em so here is 3 for starters.

Attachment 1482
    possible level entry point/ fallout style control room.

Attachment 1481
    Attachment 1479
    two possible corridor encounters maps.

hope someone finds use for em.

these are very good. scifi maps are scarce and hard to come by, as are the tools to make them. good show.

If I might offer a suggestion, you might include a scale in the black space of the map so tokens can be sized accurately.

I could also use suggestions on what type scenes people want. If I get the time I will try and make what I can. I'm currently working on a sci-fi/paramilitary/black-ops adventure, I'll later be making all the maps and images available from that project. but in the mean time give me ideas for what you would like, I enjoy the process of making them.

Quote Originally Posted by saithan
    I could also use suggestions on what type scenes people want. If I get the time I will try and make what I can. I'm currently working on a sci-fi/paramilitary/black-ops adventure, I'll later be making all the maps and images available from that project. but in the mean time give me ideas for what you would like, I enjoy the process of making them.
    I hope these give you some inspiration, as your maps are awesome.

City Street (Day/Night)
    Back Alley (Day/Night)
    Dockyard (Day/Night)
    Bar/Nightclub
    Office
    Hotel
    Warehouse
    Police Station
    Airport/Spaceport
    Shopping Centre
    Department Store
    Science Lab
    Military Base/Seaport/Airport/Spaceport
    City Parkland
    City Slum
    City Warzone (damaged buildings, rubble, destroyed vehicles, etc)
    City Sewer
    Subway Station
    Suburban House
    Penthouse
    Mansion/Estate
    Starship Bridge
    Starship Corridor
    Starship Engineering
    Starship Cargohold
    Last edited by ronnke; August 11th, 2010 at 09:37.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

good list ronnke.

Also, saithan, the rooms you create are in perspective so they really can't get very large without skewing. Working in FG we usually need larger maps as players like to just run through the halls sometimes. If you did have a library of these rooms created, i would likely drop them into an editor and sew them together into a complex on a single jpeg. If you established a standard door size and placement so they would fit together like dungeon tiles it would make doing so easier. I would also have to figure out transitions between the rooms (likely assuming a doorway was a 5' square rather than occurring between squares).

I would also be interested in seeing your maps rendered in isometric view. this would prevent the skewing that true perspective offers. 3/4 isometric was the way crpg's achieved 3d in a 2d world. Since FG now supports hex grids, it might be a viable option.

well I been making just rooms scenes and such, I fill my campaign with ones that can match my game and if an encounter happends I quickly pull a relevant map.

I'm an old school gamer, 30+years. so I never really use maps except for battle scene encounters or if a rooms dimension is difficult for me to describe. I have over the years shown art work as well to describe things being seen. (Something I thought was cool when "tomb of horrors" tournament and again with the introduction of darksun.)

penchant what you are asking could take me a while, but it sounds like a fun challenge. I'll see what I can do.

more maps

here are a few new maps.
    Attachment 1484
    Attachment 1485
    for those encounters in a lonely city alleyway (day or night)

Attachment 1487Attachment 1486
    these two I found in my library and thought them well suited for Noir adventures or maybe even a pulp or COC adventure.

Ok, your noir office is officially my favorite. I can just imagine Mike Hammer sitting behind that desk looking at that silhouette over a newspaper and wondering how bad the day can get.

Blog Entries
    Those are some great maps. Keep up the good work.

\o/ Amazing maps!!!! Good Work my friend! :
    ****We play RolePlayGame because that's soooo CRAZY!****
    -----------------------------Ultimate Game Master-------------------------
    Galaxy Master - Star Wars Saga Edition -
    Dungeon Master - DnD 4e -

Thread Information