DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    The FG client only comes with about a dozen portraits and the alphabet tokens.

I've heard good things about the tdewitt's tool, if you want to make some tokens using the online mini pictures from WotC.

Also, we sell token packs in our store, which are the ones I used in the demos at Gencon.

Additionally, you can use any image file you want as tokens, though image sets work the best because they are all relatively scaled to each other. Most people are using tokens of 50x50 or 70x70 for Medium creatures, and scale the rest appropriately. (i.e. 100x100 or 140x140 for Large, etc.)

Cheers,
    JPG

Thanks to all of you. I'll try these things out and see what happens. Another question: Can any of the stuff from DDI be parsed? E.g. Can I parse the adventures, the dragon magz, etc? Or only the core and supplement books?

I've used the parser to grab the creatures and items for the Wizards P series of adventures. It saved me quite a bit of time over entering the data in manually, which I did for the first set of modules in the H series.

It seems that anything in the Compendium is downloadable. The only limit is making sure that Tenian has set up the parser to handle that data type, and that he has worked with me to make sure the reference windows/links are visible in the 4E ruleset. As far as I know, he is supporting everything in there to date.

Cheers,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Yes the 4EParser allows you to scrape all current data from the DDI Compendium DB. Be warned though at present the Compendium is a bit messed up following some changes WoTC introduced during the last update. Consequently you may encounter some data errors if you scrape some of the older modules e.g. MM and MM2.

Tenian maintains a blog which he updates with the latest dev information on the Parser and the current state of play. You can view his Blog here.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by ryntak4536
    Can any of the stuff from DDI be parsed? E.g. Can I parse the adventures, the dragon magz, etc? Or only the core and supplement books?
    It's not just limited to WotC DDi material. With a little work, and reference to the Parser Document, you can use anything from 3PPs too. Though it should be said that Tenian already has a hard enough time making sure the parser supports all WotC output; if you find anything from a 3PP that the parser does NOT support, then you're probably on your own in finding a workaround.
    DNH
    "Lost in Karameikos"

"you find anything from a 3PP that the parser does NOT support, then you're probably on your own in finding a workaround."

Or maybe use DrZeuss' tools for creating content that you can parse.

Tenian has updated the 4e Parser and can now scrape and parse the Monster Manual 3 correctly.

Thread Information