DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Test Mode Tool

Test Mode Tool

I was trying to load the beta version of 2.7 on my wife's computer and the test mode app wouldn't let me select "Test", it kept going back to release.

She has a unregistered version installed, my plans were to have her connect to my computer which has an Unlimited License.
    Everybody lies...
    -Dr. Gregory House, HOUSE MD-

Urge to destroy world, rising...
    -Black Mage, 8-Bit Theater-

Blog Entries
    Ahhh... yeah, that won't work with the current setup. It does a validation of your license key to determine if you can do the test or developer releases.

okay, something to add to the wishlist. Those with ultimate can act as a client update server, that way we can test the beta's too =)
    Everybody lies...

Blog Entries
    Test or developer?

Do you mean Release or Test or is there also a Developer mode ? If so how do I access developer mode?
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by DrZeuss
    Test or developer?

Do you mean Release or Test or is there also a Developer mode ? If so how do I access developer mode?

Test mode. I've not heard of a Developer mode for FG2
    Everybody lies...

Developer mode is just another testing stage for internal testing, prior to pushing to Test mode.

Cheers,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    Developer mode is just another testing stage for internal testing, prior to pushing to Test mode.

Cheers,
    JPG
    OK. Thought for a minute I was using an older Test tool and therefore wasn't able to access Developer mode or something similar.

I now understand its wrapped into the Test releases. Thanks for the clarification.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

does anyone know if allowing the unregistered versions to update to the latest test version is on the road map?

I hope it is. I feel a bit duped owning an Ultimate license. I'm often using the beta rulesets and when a rare opportunity arises to actually use the Ultimate license functionality (someone wants to watch a game, etc), it backfires on me. Sure, I can go back to the non-beta ruleset... but the fact remains that I can't take advantage of the license in the way I want.

Ditto. I wanted to play with my friends with the newer 2.7.x and now it seems the only way to do that is by buying the full/lite set, and I don't want to spend the extra money, and also I don't want to deal with asking for a refund. Just a little disheartening =(. I do like the product though, and hope that unregistered clients can be allowed to update to the newer test version soon.

Thread Information