FG Spreadshirt Swag

Isometric maps a problem?

Some time early next year, I shall be running a 4e game through FG2 and an adventure (a published adventure) within that game that uses isometric maps. My question is this: will that be a problem for FG2?

I realise I will have to turn off the grid and that this will remove a certain amount of functionality (display of threat, auras, etc) and/or reduce certain elements to ready-reckoning on our part. I think I can deal with that. But I am wondering if there is anything more, anything important that I would be throwing away if I go ahead and use the isometric maps as they are.

The alternative is for me to create top-down versions of all the maps but that looks to be too big a deal for me (I have investigated a number of options, none of them very satisfactory).

Any thoughts?
    DNH
    "Lost in Karameikos"

You will be ok if you cut off the grid. I routinely don't use a grid if the map already has one. Your biggest problem is going to be counting the squares for range or if a token is behind a wall if they didn't separate the rooms enough.

Blog Entries
    Just a thought: If you have photoshop, You can use the crop tool to do a pretty good job of cutting an image that has perspective and flattening it out. Just drag the outline of the crop area and then move the individual control points.

I actually used GIMP's rotate and shear tools to similar effect and was pleasantly surprised at the results. Not sure which I will use though; the isometric maps look better but are a bit of a pain to use, while the plan maps look a bit skew but are more functional.
    DNH
    "Lost in Karameikos"

Thread Information