DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

You expectation is correct.

Dropping the Longsword on the Hunger Weapon should:
    1) Change the Name in the title replacing weapon with Longword +1
    2) Change the Weight from 0 to 4 pounds.
    3) Change the Prof. from 0 to +3.
    4) Change the Group from blank to Heavy Blade
    5) Change the Properties from blank to Versatile

When you drop this created weapon in a character's inventory or on the combat tab in Weapons/Implements it should create a weapon that has a Base +4 vs. AC attack, Dam of a d8 with a bonus of Base +1 and Crit die of a d8. Properties should say Versatile and you should get a link back to the dropped weapon. If you drop the weapon in inventory you should automatically get an entry on the combat and if you drop the weapon in the combat tab you should also get an entry in inventory.

Well that doesn't appear to happen and I'm not sure why. It also seems weird that I can't just drag a longsword from the Library Module to the Item List. I can drag a Longsword to a character sheet, but not my GM Item Tab.

It seems like Longsword and Great Hunger Weapon are two different data formats?

For instance, when I click on Great Hunger Weapon, I get something like a character sheet for weapons. It's got tabs on the right and boxes for entering proficiency and magic bonus and weight and all sorts of groovy stuff.

When I click on that same box for Longsword, I get like an Compendium entry. White space and black text and one or two boxes than can be filled out.

The item list really should be labeled Magic Item List. There not any real reason to put a normal item in there when: a) the players can just drag a longsword on their own sheet. b) They can't drag a longsword from the item list since they don't have access to that book.

Wonder what I'm doing wrong. Somewhat frustrating that it's not behaving as expected, returning no error, giving no indication that the program even understands what I'm trying to do.

I don't seem able to affect meaningful change by editing the Magic Item in the character sheet either. I can add +3 from proficiency in the proficiency box...no change in how the weapons behaves on attack and it still lists the old +1 from magic as the only bonus to the roll other than the stat mod. I can tell it the damage the weapon does is 1d8, or d8, or +1d8, but it is not reflected in the weapon's description on the sheet, and when I roll damage it rolls a d6.

Did you get the normal items when you parsed the PH? There have been problems with the DDI data where some of the data hasn't been linked to the PH the same way as in the past and normal weapons did have these problems recently.

You aren't going to be able to change something linked back to the library entry. You should be able to change items once they have been dropped into inventory or into the items list.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre
    Did you get the normal items when you parsed the PH? There have been problems with the DDI data where some of the data hasn't been linked to the PH the same way as in the past and normal weapons did have these problems recently.

You aren't going to be able to change something linked back to the library entry. You should be able to change items once they have been dropped into inventory or into the items list.
    From the parsed DDI I get a big table of normal items from the PHB. They all appear to work.

Most of my attempts have been in creating items in the Combat section of the PC's character sheet.

I've never tried there. If it's in game treasure, I usually build it ahead of time in the items list. If its something the players make I have the players drop it into inventory so I can identify them and if they are weapons or armor I just drop the weapon on them to finish making it and identify it.

I tried everything I could think of, including doing it in the GM Item tab, the character's combat tab, his inventory tab. Dropping longsword on Great Hunger Weapon, dropping Great Hunger Weapon on Longsword.

I was able to *edit* Great Hunger Weapon in the item tab and add the Longsword data and that finally worked. Thank god. Couldn't do that in the character sheet for some reason.

It may have something to do with identifying stuff? But I'm in the GM version I should be able to see it fine I think.

Is there any other support for this product besides these forums? I mean, there's no "SUPPORT" tab at the top of the web page. I presume they don't have customer service people, but is there an email I can fire off to someone who works on the product? I've gotten great help here on the forums, but I am pretty alarmed that it's been a week of me monkeying with this and it still doesn't work smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by mattcolville
    Is there any other support for this product besides these forums? I mean, there's no "SUPPORT" tab at the top of the web page. I presume they don't have customer service people, but is there an email I can fire off to someone who works on the product? I've gotten great help here on the forums, but I am pretty alarmed that it's been a week of me monkeying with this and it still doesn't work smoothly.
    Official support is the House of Healing forum:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...splay.php?f=41

But you'll probably find that developers and staff post elsewhere on the forum as they are also members of the community more broadly.

My magic weapons/armour process is as follows (I find following other permutations is less reliable):

1) Drop the magic item into the Items list
    2) Close the library version of the item, open the Items list version of the item
    3) Open the base weapon/armour from the PHB
    4) Drag and drop the base into the open magic item's details
    5) Close the magic item and the base.
    5) Reopen the magic item from the Items list to check that the base has been applied.
    FGU Ultimate License/FGC Standard
    Timezone: Australian EST (UTC +10)
    Systems: Prefer DnD 5e as GM or player.
    FKA Chezcaliente

Make sure that you are dropping the "normal" item link onto the magic item "details" window. If you are trying to drop on the inventory page entry or onto a link box, it will not work.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information