FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Kicking people

Kicking people

Can't figure out where to put this, sooo I'll put it here.

Can you kick people from FG and how? I used to use old-school Hamachi and just cut someone if they got on my nerves. One (occasionally 2) of my players tends to act up and I need to kick them out for a second to remind them to behave.

Any way you can do this?
    "Tis better to die on your feet, then live on your knees."

Currently, there is no way to kick a player.

If we just added the ability to kick a player, then they could join right back in after being disconnected. In fact, they might just think it was a network error, not even knowing you disconnected them.

Another option is to use the stop prompt in the chat window. It will display a hand icon, and make the bell sound, on each client. This lets your players know when you want to get their attention.

A more permanent solution is to kill the session, restart with a password, and not give the password to the user you want to drop. A little more work, but usually you want to kick someone permanently and this is the way to do it.

Cheers,
    JPG

Well it wasn't a permanent thing I just wanted to discipline the player for acting like an idiot. More like a warning that'll get through rather than a permanent boot :P

Also a suggestion for those curious who might look up kicking and find this :P

If you can find and use the old Hamachi client and connect everyone through a VPN then you can just alt-tab over to the client and kill their connection. That's how I used to do it... but don't have Hamachi installed atm.

You can also use the "Ring Bell" right click option on the user's portrait to only make sounds for a single user. I do this repeatedly when one of my players is running rampant.

Cheers,
    JPG

There's another reason I want to be able to kick people actually.

Occasionally, someone in my game gets disconnected (in fact, usually once a session) due to network issues, but often the character never leaves the game and the username never logs out... maybe for about 30 minutes or so. The player needs to choose a new name to rejoin the game, which isn't so bad... but then he can't access his character until Fantasy Grounds finally decides it can't see the player anymore and releases the character. If I could only kick the "dead" players, they could easily retake their characters and we could continue the game.

Just go to the character selection screen (as the DM, of course), right-click the character portrait and select "clear owner" from the radial menu...

Yeah that was the main reason I use to kick players - to avoid the wait for the player connection to time out. If you are using voice many times the player knows he is crashed and it always seems to happen right before his turn.

Small bump on this topic. With FGU in testing it would really help if the DM can either kick a already disconected player or the system notices when a player tries to rejoin and disconects the old one to allow them to rejoin

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroshe View Post
    Small bump on this topic. With FGU in testing it would really help if the DM can either kick a already disconected player or the system notices when a player tries to rejoin and disconects the old one to allow them to rejoin
    Please post anything about FGU in the FGU beta test sub-forum. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information