Starfinder Playlist

Token transparent backgrounds not working

I was making a few new tokens and I can't figure out how to get FG2 to use the transparent backgrounds I enable.

All I'm doing is re-saving and image using irfanview as a png file and selecting a color to make transparent.

Nothing seems to work. When I load the image in fg2 it appears with a white or black background. Windows renders the image correctly but FG2 doesn't.

Irfanview doesn't handle transparency, at the least it didn't use to do so.

I imagine this is a Irfanview problem more than a FG-problem. Try using paint.net it is free or GIMP both are proper image editors.

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

If you can, also make sure you set the software to save as a 24-bit PNG. It gives your image a much nicer transparency, and can handle levels of transparency much, much better.

Personally, I'd recommend 256 colors for online maps. On most monitors the difference between a map with 256 colors vs. 24 bit color is minimal and the map's file size of a 256 color map will be a third the size of a 24 bit color map. You might want to keep the original in 24 bit color in case you ever want to print it though.

I think they're talking about token transparency, not maps. With maps, yes, optimized low-colour JPGs are best. For tokens, 24-bit PNGs with transparency are the way to go. At the small sizes that are used in FG2, the file size is still minimal.

Ah, sorry my mistake, I *was* thinking maps. On tokens, yeah I actually use 24 bit color pngs because my 32 pixel square mediums are a 2-3 kb.

Thread Information