DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: WoD: Bug Fix

would it be to hard to have the old rule system in place for your WoD?

and do you plan to make other characters sheets

I don't expect to make an old WoD ruleset, as I'm no longer active in ruleset development. Similarly, I probably won't be making any other gameline extension (character sheets) for this ruleset.

Sorry, but RL commitments mean that I don't get as much free time as I used to.

Stuart

Ok I love the fact that this allows me to play WoD with friends across the states, so don't think im ungrateful.

I'll just me blunt, the dice roll change was not needed. It worked great with players who have the common sense to simply reroll 10's and cancel ones themselves. How dumb do you think people are? The changes made the dice roller miserable, can I turn them off? My players sometimes liked rolling several smaller pools of dice instead of one large pool and now you have to roll one dice pool then click "dice pool" to roll 10's then roll your next dice pool...

How about this... (again don't think im ungrateful <3)

Stop messing with stuff that works and change VITAE and BLOOD POTENCY and DISCIPLINES on the werewolf character sheet to ESSENCE and GIFTS and PRIMAL URGE. I don't even have a werewolf player to be honest, but the work that has gone into such a beautifully laid out rule set seems wasted with small issues like that. I know im a little OCD but obsessive people make the world a better place. <3

The ruleset is incomplete: I only ever did a proper sheet for Vampires, and another kind soul from the community created the Mage sheet. The ruleset page states quite clearly that everything else is just placeholder material. Before having a pop at this ruleset, which is free and reflects hundreds of hours of unpaid effort, you might like to pause and ask yourself if you'd rather I never bothered.

As regards the recent changes, I'm not currently working on this project (real life and paid employment are also important too), so I'll leave it to the other unpaid developers to comment.

Stuart

I agree.

Offering suggestions and pointing out issues is one thing, but you can at least be a little gracious about it. commenting that you don't mean to be ungrateful, doesn't make it better.

I know the individual who has done the last update would be interested in hearing people's thoughts and suggestions. Its part of why we do what we do. But as StuartW said, keep in mind you are reaping the benefits of what is often months of unpaid work.

That being said I should be talking to the individual that did the .24 updates to the ruleset tonight and I'll see if i can make some suggestions that might address some of the issues you have experienced and make sure that they know that of the cosmetic changes needed to the Hunter sheet.
    • Trying to find a community Ruleset, Extension or Information on how to complete a process? Try FGRepository.
    • PM Myself if you have new or updated community Rulesets, Extensions or Information that you'd like added to FGRepository.

first off, you do not have to roll the ten again just drag it off to clear.

second OCD doesn't make the world better. makes people respect your opinion less. we are not getting paid and the updates I added are simply changes I did for my own games.

note: old saying easier to catch more flies with honey.

I'm not trying to catch flies im just saying what needs to be said. Like it or not, the recent changes to the rules are annoying to myself (and i imagine a lot of others) so before uploading YOUR changes to YOUR private game to wiki, think about how others would like to experience the ruleset. I may seem rude but im just being playful, if my desire was to troll the site you would know it. No hard feelings.

this will be the last of what i have to say on any your issue.
    1 you are trying to catch flies, cuz simply myself or no one else here is on your payroll. so if you have a problem go back to the version you were using before. your idea of playful leaves a lot to be desired.

Hmm (hey can you make a switch to turn that feature off?)

as for vampire and the other issues. well I play hunter when/if i get around to playing the other branches I might add to those and then again might not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinmuriel
    I'm not trying to catch flies im just saying what needs to be said. Like it or not, the recent changes to the rules are annoying to myself (and i imagine a lot of others) so before uploading YOUR changes to YOUR private game to wiki, think about how others would like to experience the ruleset. I may seem rude but im just being playful, if my desire was to troll the site you would know it. No hard feelings.
    As saith said, there is a simple solution to this. Instead of spending your time on here, upsetting the people who spend their free time creating, adding and developing for the community for free. You should download .23 again, fix the problems with it for yourself and use that.

saith has incorporated some useful features that took a considerable amount of time to create, incorporate and test to make sure it works. If you don't like how its done, you are more than welcome to try and build it out differently. This ruleset was originally developed by Foen and after some discussion he agreed that he didn't mind having saith continue working on it because of his extremely limited free time prevents him to work on it. Will saith continue adding to it? Its hard to say. Will he add a switch to turn things off? Also hard to say. I can assure you that the tone of your messages isn't the best way to get people to do anything for you.

And no. Its not a 'playful' tone.
    Last edited by drahkar; November 13th, 2010 at 01:59.
    • Trying to find a community Ruleset, Extension or Information on how to complete a process? Try FGRepository.
    • PM Myself if you have new or updated community Rulesets, Extensions or Information that you'd like added to FGRepository.

Thread Information