STAR TREK 2d20
Page 13 of 13 First ... 3111213
    It depends on whether the underlying data is owned by the client or not. In the case of character sheets, the client usually owns the data. In that case, the data will get synchronized between the host and client as it is changed by each side. The host always maintains the "master" copy of the data.

Even though the issue occurred when 2 people were editing, I looked at the script generating the error and it was a widgets issue. Essentially, the little dice that appear in the #attacks field.

Cheers,
    JPG

v2.7.2 has been released to testing via the Dev option in the Test Mode Manager.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=13077

Please take it for a spin, especially if you play using a non-D&D ruleset.

Thanks,
    JPG

Running the developer release I can't get a list of slash commands. An empty slash brings up the Vote routine.
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

Token manipulation stops all NPC rolls

Sometimes, the DM is unable to make any NPC rolls and when he tries a console error is generated. This one has been driving me nuts. I finally found a way to always reproduce it though I believe there are other ways to get it. This happens in both 2.7.1 and 2.7.2 and not in 2.6.5.

To reproduce open an image/map and drag and drop a token from the token box onto the map. You don't want the token linked to the combat tracker. Then drag the token from the map to the FG Desktop. Drag the token from the desktop back onto the map and try to rotate it. You will get the following Console error message: Script Error: [string "scripts/imagewindow_image.lua"]:227: attempt to index global 'Input' (a userdata value) Alternatively, if you have an unlinked token on a map you can just drag the token to the desktop and then back onto the map and rotate it to get the same console error.

Once you have triggered the above error, then try to drag any die (ie attack, damage) off an NPC anywhere, IE from Combat Tracker, an open NPC in List Personality, or an NPC opened from the Library List. It won't work and you will get this error repeated a dozen or so times: Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_rules.lua"]:913: attempt to index global 'Input' (a userdata value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_rules.lua"]:913: attempt to index global 'Input' (a userdata value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_rules.lua"]:913: attempt to index global 'Input' (a userdata value)

It's this error (the 913 one) where I can't drag or double click an attack that I have been getting occasionally while running combats, usually ones where I add a new monster like black pudding spawns during the middle of a fight or in a rolling combat where unlinked guard tokens are linked up to the tracker as they take damage but I could not get the error to reproduce consistently until I moved a token off and back on a map.

Once you are in this state you have to shut down the server to get out of it. The PC's don't seem affected at all.
    Last edited by Griogre; October 4th, 2010 at 09:26.

Thanks for the details, Griogre.

I can recreate immediately anytime that a token is dragged from an image to the FG desktop. Dragging from token box to desktop is fine.

I've been reviewing for a bit now, and whatever the issue is, it's not straightforward to identify or address. I'll continue looking into it.

Thanks,
    JPG

Got it. Another case of v2.6.5 not deleting LUA objects correctly, which in turn allowed bad code to survive. Since v2.7 is much better about memory management, it surfaced the issue.

Let me check a bit more on the forums for any other items, and I'll push an update to the server.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thanks JPG, that one was really getting to me.

Thread Information