FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Blog Entries

4E Style Map/Letter Tokens

Hey all, I created a simple custom set of tokens which mimic the style of the Map/NPC letter markers used in 4E style tactical maps and I thought you guys might like them.

You can grab them from my resource page (see sig for link), the archive contains all alpha-numeric characters as well as a few symbols and a blank in a variety of pixel sizes including 32x32, 50x50, 70x70 and 100x100.

Here's a screenshot of them in use in FGII (50x50 versions).

FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Love you work, Dr Z... too bad I am using 64x64. Tokentool made that particular size too convenient for me and after doing hundreds of MM tokens, I doubt I switch anytime soon.

Speaking of tokens.. has anyone done any "dungeon dressing" tokens? The little chest, pointer, and skull that comes with FG gets me thinking that it would be nice to have scalable items to drop on maps I didn't have time to edit or CC3/DD3 up myself. A table. Pile of coins. Campfire. Etc. Curious if anyone has done anything of the sort.

Funny you mention that Shade, I was just thinking about how it would be nice to have the ability to add graphics as a token of some type, so that you could for instance have an area rug as a token, but when the players step on it, you can remove it to reveal trap in the floor. This type of layering is what the WotC Dungeon Tiles I think try to do.

Perhaps where you fall into a pit full of probosces featured bugs and spiders? Can the rug be pulled out from beneath you twice, so to speak?

Although, I can envision a future where everyone fearfully approaches each floor tile and token feature with trepidation.

And I can hear you all asking for those 10' wooden poles being added as basic D&D gear once again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven
    Love you work, Dr Z... too bad I am using 64x64. Tokentool made that particular size too convenient for me and after doing hundreds of MM tokens, I doubt I switch anytime soon.

Speaking of tokens.. has anyone done any "dungeon dressing" tokens? The little chest, pointer, and skull that comes with FG gets me thinking that it would be nice to have scalable items to drop on maps I didn't have time to edit or CC3/DD3 up myself. A table. Pile of coins. Campfire. Etc. Curious if anyone has done anything of the sort.
    I have updated the archive to include 64x64 and 128x128 sizes, just for all you Tokentool users.

As for Dungeon dressing tokens, I ended up scanning in and tokenizing all of the Dungeon Tile sets (DU1-DU7). Also, Foen has already started an extension which allows you to set tokens on different image layers, making it possible to use a tile based approach to map building within FGII. Some technical constraints prevented some of the functionality from being addressed so it has yet to be completed however 2.7.0 has introduced some new API calls which should now make this possible.

See this thread.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugahst View Post
    Where can I get these?
    Old thread, but I'll second the request.

Even better, if the original layered base images were available it would be nice to have them as well. I wouldn't mind being able to make some Letter+Number markers (i.e. N1-N10).

Blog Entries
    I don't think Zeus's resource page is available any longer... I believe they probably were hosted on his webpage; www.drzeus.co.uk

But it's not hosted anymore.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Indeed his web page died many moons ago.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Thread Information