FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

CrimsonChampion's 2nd game on Saturdays.

Alright, I've decided to start up a another session of my campaign of 3.5. Don't confuse this with my other session, its the same world, going on at the same time, however the start point is a different region.

Saturday-5 pm or so EST. ( Time can still change, depending on the players )
    ______________________________________________-

FG2, of course.

From past experiences, my fights can get rough if not planned ahead. Meaning things can die, don't take it lightly. Also, a piece of advice is that the strongest character on paper won't always come out on top. The world's not a flat and without holes,cliffs and trap.

Firm and realistic but reasonable. Flexible to an extent... Let me know what style you guys ( girls, if the case may be ) tend to prefer if you send a message.

Experience will be awarded for RP effort You'll be given the option to even have actual connections in the game's world if you desire, at each character creation. ( Including if you die. )

Meanwhile, the opposite will obviously bring some consequences to your character, though I won't take away your experience points.

Character Creation:
    No 3.0 books. No tome of battle.

Starting Level: 2, La allowed. ( Further so if you wish to add templates or some such later during the campaign, if you qualify, as a side quest. )

Roll for stat. 1d8+10 (*Edit* Sorry for the confusion. )

Skill-wise:Remember, those jumps and climbs and etc may be useful... So might performing, who knows?

2 Flaws/2 traits.
    You can take some of the made up flaws from the danddwiki, or wherever you can find them, if I approve them. I find they can be pretty fun for flavor, so long as you abide by them, otherwise you lose the feat.

Starting Gold: 1000 G

Alignment: Any. ( But I'll hold you to it. If you fail your alignment, you'll be warned and you might end up out of a class if pushed too much. )

Item Creation:

Special gear such as +1,+2,+3... Need to be upgraded by the proper people in the proper town... Don't expect the peasant down of farms-ville to be able to smith you some +3 full plate. Item creation feats might be a bit more useful. The town in question is going to have a big affect on what you can buy and what you cannot, sometimes it might be cheaper in those towns too.

If you spend all your sweet sweet riches on farms-ville, they'll obviously change.

Looking for 4-6 people, as more often then not, people tend to not show up . ( Annoying isn't it? ) Need at least three to run a session.

The setting will take place on the continent of Balen'del,
    within the kingdom of Lotannia, one primarily filled with "Regular" races and a few choice others. There are other kingdoms of course, its just the starting point.
    The kingdom is considered LN, for the purpose of law and general alignment.
    Everyone in the party will start in that kingdom, how or why you wish to be there we can discuss, with your background.

EX:
    1. You can be on a religious pilgrimage.

2. It could just be a detour to wherever your true goals lie.

3. You could be a noble, a peasant, a rogue a (insert here) of the village.

4. You could be a spy from another kingdom.

5. Could be an extra-planar being with a hidden agenda... if you can somehow manage to beat the LA and have a good story.

If anyone would like to contribute a certain group or region in particular, especially regarding your own characters, I will try to fit it in. This is a world after all, and everything is still there.

And, yes, there are various groups which have different alignments and will take the parties reputation into account, who also give quests and bonus gear or powers as the case may be, with the party, including kingdoms, monsters, demons, celestials, beholders, drow, illithids, dragons, anarchists... just off the top of my head.

I would like to mention that at times, morality wise, I don't hold punches. Curve balls are fun, especially with the right party. I love the gray.

Otherwise post here and send me a pm through the FG site ( If you are though, make sure you tell me. Always forget to check it. )

Voice is preferred but optional ( Voice will be ooc. ). I can run the game either way, I'll leave it up to the majority, like the time.

First come first serve, of course, though there's always someone who never shows up. Good to be on the waiting list, always.

Thanks for the interest.

PS: Rp in battle counts as effort too! Always fun to hear the paladin say some cheesy line before slicing someone in two.

Ratio of battle to rp in my games tend to be about 7-3. But it can change, depending on the players.
    Last edited by CrimsonChampion; June 23rd, 2010 at 19:59.
    Dm: Sundays and Saturdays

Don't run a game if you're not bloody up to it. You piss people off.

Allright, so far.

Player PC Name Class
    1. Sturmir: Nerroth : Silver Dragon Hatchling. ( From DragMag, Balanced. )
    2. MikeParhams: Aeliel : Angel
    3. Kaltahn : Pending : Warlock
    4. Bolohenry : Pending : Cleric
    5. Johan: Pending : Ardent?
    6. Troy : Pending: Rogue

Reserve: 7.
    Reserve: 8.

(Incase someone is unable to further attend our games. )
    When you see your name on the board, go ahead and post me your character concept.

Also, don't forget your available times.

Game Alias: ugly gate dead zone
    Last edited by CrimsonChampion; July 1st, 2010 at 01:10.

I am interested in joining your game Crimson, had fun the little time we played together under Mikker's game. I still am interested in trying out that Astral Deva template, even if you feel the need to tone it down.

But most of all, desire to play a game with plenty of role play to it.

The template is found in Savage Species - pg 155. It is both race and class, and does not permit multi-classing, thus my only options to select will be what feats to take along the path.
    Last edited by MikeParham; June 24th, 2010 at 02:20.

Allright. Sounds good. I'll need to look at/find the template, but I'm sure I can adapt it to the game if needed. I'll get back to you on the character and history... I can explain parts of the world and etc as needed.

*Edit for Mike*

The template doesen't seem that bad.
    Last edited by CrimsonChampion; June 24th, 2010 at 15:31.

I'll join this one as well, not sure on class, I think I'll try out an Ardent.

Sure Johan

Could I use Dominant Ideal and Substitute Power from the Wizards of the Coast Mind's Eye: Expanded Classes Article?

https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070629a

If you later decide to make the primary mantle for which you have selected this alternative class feature into a secondary mantle, you must also swap this feature, allocating it to one of your primary mantles.

This is listed after. The way I see it, if you choose to change back to a wider array, you stick with it and can't go back to being focused on one.

I don't see a problem with the substitution.

Still looking for two or three new group members for Saturday games, 5 pm EST.

I normally leave the game up for long periods while I work on it, so if you want to jump in and make your character, go for it.

Alias: ugly gate dead zone
    Last edited by CrimsonChampion; June 25th, 2010 at 02:06.

I've sent you an initial background for my character. I've a game starting in a few moments, but will begin designing my character tomorrow night.

Unfortunately it might be quite late if at all that I can make it this particular Saturday, as we are hosting my grandson's 2nd birthday party starting at 4pm, and likely the last guest will depart around 8 pm or so (you know how relatives can stick around).

But I'll check in afterward to see how things are progressing. let me know if there are changes that need to be made to the template, and what level I should prepare.

Re's, Mike

Thread Information