DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

How do I redeal for Quick?

Hello!

Had a great first session with Savage Worlds today, but I have one question (for now). How do I redeal an initiative card for a character with Quick?

All I get when I right click on the card in the combat tracker is Deal, and that seems to redeal to everyone.

Thanks!

Check again. When I use that it just redeals the individual. Everyone else keeps their same initiative card. Now it will resort them in the initiative order, so maybe since you're seeing that happen you just think it is redealing everyone.

Well, the "deal" icon off the radial menu works as Mac40k describes, making it ideal for Quick and similar edges. It is also a lot better than what I was doing. Thanks for the suggestion.
    -----------
    If you can't do something well, have fun doing it badly.

Quote Originally Posted by mac40k
    Check again. When I use that it just redeals the individual. Everyone else keeps their same initiative card. Now it will resort them in the initiative order, so maybe since you're seeing that happen you just think it is redealing everyone.
    Sure enough. I was trying to do it during a game and with a large number of guys so it looked like everyone had gotten re-dealt. Well that's nice and easy!

Thanks!

Am looking to automate this in the next version of the ruleset (mainly supposed to be a bugfix edition, but arguably "Level Headed" working and Quick not working could be a bug ?!)

No ETA yet, watch the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale
    Watching!

Previously: MurghBpurn

Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale
    Am looking to automate this in the next version of the ruleset (mainly supposed to be a bugfix edition, but arguably "Level Headed" working and Quick not working could be a bug ?!)

It may seem nit-picky but in the rulebook Quick is a "may" and Level Headed does not give a choice. I believe that was why it was left manual.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuha
    It may seem nit-picky but in the rulebook Quick is a "may" and Level Headed does not give a choice. I believe that was why it was left manual.
    An option to turn on and off then?

Previously: MurghBpurn

Quote Originally Posted by MurghBpurn
    An option to turn on and off then?
    Nit-picky is good

Option to turn on and off seems reasonable. Will get that into the next release (which I HAD almost finalised tonight, but now...)

Blog Entries
    already?? sweet!

Does that mean Deadlands has been submitted?
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Thread Information