FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 15 First 1234513 ... Last

Looks like a number of great changes and a lot of effort. I'll see if I can spend some time with it this weekend.

One question:
    NPC powers in exported modules will no longer overlap with campaign NPC powers.
    Is the same problem with items fixed also?

"/em" no longer works as a shortcut to "/emote"

Also, this is really minor, but effect text used to be selectable by players in the player CT, but no longer. I don't really understand what the use of this is, but my players asked me to report it.

Also, I found a replicatable bluescreen (!) issue. Something about a DirectX DLL, which makes sense since there's a new DLL in the package. I'm running a Win7 x64 box with dual SLI'ed ATI Radeon HD 4800's.

I have the crash dump, but I'm way too tired at the moment to install the necessary tools to unpack it. Honestly, I'm not sure it would help all that much, based on the few times I tried to use kernel dumps to debug .NET applications. When I get time later this week I'll unpack it and upload it. If you'd prefer it in its raw form let me know.

Anyway, the crash occurs for me when I use the attack shortcut in the CT to pick up a die. When I drag the die up and down over the list of possible targets, bluescreen. Eventually. Doesn't take long.
    Last edited by EugeneZ; June 5th, 2010 at 05:48.

As a noob to FG, but not to virtual game tables, how does one obtain the beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryll
    As a noob to FG, but not to virtual game tables, how does one obtain the beta?
    Check out the "Welcome to Public Testing" thread. However, be sure to back up your campaigns!

I know this probably isn't the place for this, but I am quite disappointed that there is still only three classes available for characters.

I have a campaign that has been running for over two years using my custom ruleset (that I am concerned will stop working after one of these updates). My custom ruleset allows for nine classes in a scrolling window. I have an NPC that I run as a character with this group that uses all nine and I have a PC in the group which is a rogue/assassin/fighter/blackguard and another planning to go sorcerer/elemental savant/cloistered cleric/geomancer within the next four levels. I also want to have the extremely cool features of the JPG 3.5 ruleset available. My request has gone unheeded as far as I can tell in the enhancement request threads, so I'm posting here, so I can at least be told this isn't the place to do this. It will have been read then at least. (I'll give you my code as an example of what I did, but I think you'll probably be able to implement it better than I, moon_wizard.)
    Stephen Pliska-Matyshak
    Dungeon Master
    "Play It Again" Adventures

Email: [email protected]

almebezbik.com

The test release is primarily an update to the FG client. I only updated the 4E ruleset Primarily to show how the new changes will work in a ruleset. The 3.5E ruleset is next on my list of updates, but behind this test version.

The request for more classes in the 3.5E ruleset is on the wish list. However, it is a fairly complex change, since skill points and spells are tied to the class list. Also, the class list is currently static (always 3) vs dynamic, which is another complicated change with the interactions with other parts of the chraracter sheet.

When the 3.5E ruleset is updated, you will most likely need to update your extension or campaign to use the extra classes. However, it will still be a bit, since the current priority is the test version.

Regards,
    JPG

Foen,
    I need to look at the code to see why the resizeDrawing call is failing. I'll follow up when I get back next week.

Griogre,
    The overlapping ID issue addressed for exported modules should fix any list overlapping in campaign entries, which includes npcs and items. I just specifically mentioned npcs, since that was the most commonly noticed symptom of the issue.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thanks for the reply, JPG.

I am very glad this is on the wish list. My changes are static, just nine slots with scrolling objects so they don't take up any more room on the pages with limited space (like the first page of the character sheet). Dynamic was just way too complicated. I'd have made my ruleset an extension by now, but I just can't get it to work (and more concerned with running my campaign than coding ).
    Stephen Pliska-Matyshak
    Dungeon Master
    "Play It Again" Adventures

Email: [email protected]

almebezbik.com

"Maximing main window will no longer overlap Windows taskbar." only works if you use the taskbar in the default position (bottom).

And the mutiple lines for chat entries, will it enable also the input of mutiline text in the main chat window?

Hi!

I am experiencing repeated crashes of FG (runtime error) when I open library modules using the 4e rule set. The amount of modules to be opened seems variable (as low as 4, but I have not been able to exceed more than 10).

When I roll back the recent update I do not get this behavior. I can only assume its the update.

Primarch

Thread Information