FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim
    I went out of my way and snagged a DDI account. : ) It just seems to be a much easier way to add powers and such.
    [/COLOR]
    I don't blame you, now the scrape function is available in the Parser it can takes an 1hr or less to pull a basic module together complete with all functional data.

Before when everything had to be done manually it could take several evenings to complete a module and even then there would likely be typos and errors from the manual cut n paste job.

With the DDI/scrape function if your not fussed about keeping up with errata changes you could keep the subscription for as little as a month only and parse the entire library in that time.

All hail Tenian, our saviour.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

: ) True at that. The only thing I really I miss is the fluff file so I can categorize based on groups. Otherwise, it's well worth the tradeoff by a hundred folds.

Fantasy Grounds 2 Ultimate License User
    Player and GM for D&D 3rd, 4th, 5th, Pathfinder, New World of Darkness (Vampire, Mage, and Hunter), Nobilis, Savage Worlds, Legend of the Five Rings (4E), Eclipse Phase, Burning Wheel, Mouseguard and Microscope.

Blog Entries
    You can still add the fluff, albeit manually by hand. Just scrape and then add an npcfluff.txt file to the parser configuration.

I have some XSL style sheets that can transform fluff text into raw HTML markup if it helps. You need to be able to export your source PDF into an XML format but if you can, you can use the XSL stylesheets to produce parser compatible source files.

If your running SoW, you can also check out my SoW XSL which given a source SoW module in XML format will output story.txt and encounters.txt files.

See here and my FGII resource page (see sig).
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thread Information