FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: 4E Items

Blog Entries

4E Items

NEW TEST VERSION AVAILABLE: v1.0 is now available for download from my portal site, see last post for update notes.

Hey all, hot on the heels of my 4E Personalities extension follows 4E Items.

The mods have been packaged up as an extension and submitted for testing and feedback, more to follow.

Last edited by Zeus; July 3rd, 2011 at 10:24.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Your name is right!! Zeus
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Ty for community support friend!
    ****We play RolePlayGame because that's soooo CRAZY!****
    -----------------------------Ultimate Game Master-------------------------
    Galaxy Master - Star Wars Saga Edition -
    Dungeon Master - DnD 4e -

Blog Entries
    Hey all, after a long pause I have released 4E Items into the public area of my FGII 4E Resource site (see sig for link).

As always ensure you back up your campaign first before using and note the option for magic item identification functionality.

Enjoy!.

DrZ.

NOTE: The extension has yet to be tested against 2.7.0 and the latest 4E test update. I expect to release an updated version over the weekend/early next week. Stay tuned.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates

Awesome stuff, Dr Z. As always.

Speaking of items, if I could request one new feature to them it would be this:

I'd like to also have a field for "Unidentified Name". Thus, a suit of plate mail might just be "Plate Mail" until identified. A lot of items are easy to figure out without knowing the properties just by knowing it's actual name.

Not an impossible work around, as I can rename it until the characters discover it's true properties, but it would allow a little more mystery to be injected with ease.

At any rate, keep up the good stuff, Z!

Blog Entries
    ShadeRaven - 4E Items offers a non-identified field that you can populate with basic flavor, thereby providing a mechanism for sharing non-identified items in a descriptive way.

The field will be automatically dropped when the item is identified, so for example you can start off with something like

"a plain looking military grade shield thats warm to the touch."

to "a +1 shield that offers protection from Cold based attacks once per Encounter ... " etc.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Yeeeehhhhehessssss! I'm starting to run my first campaign in about a week and can't believe the good fortune I have to be doing so at this point in the development cycle of the 4E ruleset and extensions. You're going to become sick of me thanking you soon.

Ok, I gave it a quick test in 2.7.0. and I understand that you've not fully tested it under 2.7.0. I love the concept but ran into a bunch of issues, which I'll quickly highlight so you can watch for them.

1. Say I have created a "+1 Acidic Obsidian Spear" in my items menu that has not been identified. I've put in some unidentified flavor text stating: "A finely-crafted spear with a tip carved of obsidian" and leave "Identified" unchecked. If I share this sheet directly from my items window, it doesn't say "Unidentified Item".. but actually states "+1 Acidic Obsidian Spear", yet displays the unidentified flavor text below.
    2. If the character then opens their items menu, there is a listing for "+1 Obsidian Spear", but they can't open it again because it states it's from an unloaded module (I created the item in an adventure module, and set it as "force players to load").
    3. I can't "unshare" the item once I've shared it. Every time a player logs out, then back in again, the item does not automatically appear in their items list (this is correct), but the second that I as a GM so much as open the item "+1 Acidic Obsidian Spear" in my own items window, that item becomes visible again in the player items menu and, even if "Unidentified" the item is listed as "+1 Acid Obsidian Spear" forevermore.
    4. If I've shared the spear from my items menu and a player drags that link to their inventory, the inventory description line reveals the item as a "+1 Acidic Obsidian Spear", but the link they open in their inventory correctly conceals the item.
    5. If the GM drags the "Unidentified" spear directly to a character's inventory without having shared it, the inventory description line reveals it as a "+1 Acidic Obsidian Spear", the player CAN open the link to that item from their inventory (which is good), and the item is correctly listed as "Unidentified object" and displays the unidentified flavor text. Too bad they already know what it actually is.
    6. If a player has an "unrevealed" item in their inventory, and that item is revealed later, I must give that player a new, updated link to the revealed version. I understand that this may not be a bug, but a limitation of the system.
    7. After I created the "+1 Acidic Obsidian Spear" and was going through the process of putting its statistic in, I noticed that it already had curiously pre-filled powers and text that did not belong to it. When I deleted these items from the appropriate tabs, I realized that they belonged to another item... I had just deleted information from the item below my Obsidian Spear (an Orb of Debililating Languor) from WITHIN the Acidic spear item window.

So basically...I'm really looking forward to your 2.7.0-compatible version. Looks great, though, and I love the potential of the unrevealed description/title.
    Last edited by Jonny Tenebrous; July 3rd, 2010 at 02:18.

Blog Entries
    Jonny,

moon_Wizard introduced the ability for the GM to unshare items in 2.7.0. It sounds like the changes have a profound impact on the way items are used so I will need to take a look to update the extension.

I am working on making 4E Personalities compatible with MM3 content and 2.7.0 at the moment but will get back to Items eventually.

Thanks for the feedback.

DrZ.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Blog Entries
    A quick note to say that I have updated 4E Items to support 2.7.0, the next release is in testing.

Assuming testing goes well and as soon as 2.7.0 is released, I'll update the Resource Site with the new version of the extension.

FG Project Development

Current Project:

Thread Information