5E Character Create Playlist

(WIP) Custom Style Skin

I'm working on a new skin to go with a map module I plan to release at some point. I'm just finishing up the desktop and main chat window, but I plan to re-skin most of the D20-JPG. I'm just using it as a sizing and layout base for now, but I'm sure you will get the idea. The map/token pack I plan to release will be styled in a similar fashion. I'll add more screenshots as I go along, see what I end up with.

*Edit May 7th - Added 2 New shots
    *Edit May 8th - Added 1 New shot
    *Edit May 10th - Added 1 New shot
    *Edit May 12th - Added 1 New shot
    Current Snapshots:

Last edited by zpu; May 12th, 2010 at 13:56.

I added in recent screenshots so you guys can see what's going on. Let me know what you think, I am working towards a mix of the default skin with a more sci-fi feel to it.

It looks very atmospheric: sort of an Aliens/Bladerunner feel, gritty future, rather than glam sci-fi.

Any chance of pitching this at the BRP ruleset (which is very multi-genre) as well?

Foen

I have yet to see that one, although I'm pretty new to the software. I searched for it but I don't think I found the right one unless that is what Call of Cuthulu is as well. Once I am finished with the initial skinning I want to make it as universal as possible. I want to put this up as a universal skin or perhaps a base skin with different schemes per ruleset.

The Basic Roleplaying (BRP) ruleset is a commercial product and is similar to Call of Cthulhu, but is designed as a universal system rather than being for a specific genre. I ported the system to FG, but had to keep the skin very neutral (so it could be used with fantasy, horror, sci-fi etc). I'm working on a Traveller theme which I'll publish as a free skin, but think your skin would also work well.

Just an idea.

Foen

Sure, I would love to see it used for that. The more rulesets that have a use for a gritty sci-fi theme the better. I'm hoping to have the skinning finished before the weekend is over. Although there are a TON of pieces in here, I wouldn't be surprised if it took till next weekend.

Just an updated shot, I've decided to do all the circular menu buttons last. There are smaller buttons and windows I need to finish up but I should be done soon. I'm thinking about making a Light and Heavy version so I can see how interchangeable they are with other rulesets. I just have the default rulesets to work with though.

*Edit the skin is nearing completion I have about 40 or so icons and a few more windows to skin and then I am done.
    Last edited by zpu; May 11th, 2010 at 16:30.

With this last shot, I have very little to finish and the skin will be complete.

Thread Information