STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

D&D Miniatures Resizing Script Problem

A little background information first. I'm running windows 7 home edition. I downloaded the "download and resize" dnd mini script. I installed Imagemagick, and edited the script file to reflect the correct path.

When I run the script I get a "windows script host" box that pops up with the following error.

Script: C:\temp\DownloadAndResize.vbs
    Line: 160
    Char: 3
    Error: Path not found
    Code:800A004C
    Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan

I'd like to get a little background first.

• What version of the script are you running? The most recent version is v3.
      • If you did not download Version 3, try that version and let me know if you have issues. The only reason I can see for an issue is on v2.
    • Did a black DOS screen populate?
      • If no, do you have a "Set Symbols" and "Savage Encounters" folder that you updated on line 22?
        • If no, what folders do you have?

Thanks!

Thanks for all your help. It's a beautiful script. Wish I could code =)

I downloaded v3 script, and here's the error I get

Script: C:\temp\DownloadAndResizev.003\DownloadAndResize.v bs
    Line:196
    Char:3
    Error: Path not found
    Code:800a004C
    Source:Microsoft VBScript runtime error

Again, thanks for your help. It's prob something I'm doing wrong.

Not a problem. People that don't know anything about coding are the best testers. I can code forever, but without testers and users, it's pretty much worthless.

The error populates on creating a subfolder. Can you copy Line 22 from your code?

Does the folder that you specified on Line 22 exist?
    The default is "C:\Downloaded Files\Fantasy Grounds\ddm\tokens\"

The script assumes that at least the second to last folder exists (in the above, "C:\Downloaded Files\Fantasy Grounds\ddm\"). If the last folder isn't there, it creates it.

If this folder exists, do you have a "Set Symbols" and "Savage Encounters" folder that you updated on line 22? If you don't have Savage Encounters, what folders do you have?

Eventually I'll update it with more user friendly options. But I have a couple more things I want to look at.

Thanks!

Maybe that's the issue. I don't have "C:\Downloaded Files\Fantasy Grounds\ddm\tokens\"

My believe my fantasy grounds folder runs under "program files".

I will create those folders tonight, and try again =)
    I will also copy out line 22 and post it up here.

Thanks again,

Quote Originally Posted by tdewitt274
    Not a problem. People that don't know anything about coding are the best testers. I can code forever, but without testers and users, it's pretty much worthless.

The error populates on creating a subfolder. Can you copy Line 22 from your code?

Does the folder that you specified on Line 22 exist?
    The default is "C:\Downloaded Files\Fantasy Grounds\ddm\tokens\"

The script assumes that at least the second to last folder exists (in the above, "C:\Downloaded Files\Fantasy Grounds\ddm\"). If the last folder isn't there, it creates it.

If this folder exists, do you have a "Set Symbols" and "Savage Encounters" folder that you updated on line 22? If you don't have Savage Encounters, what folders do you have?

Eventually I'll update it with more user friendly options. But I have a couple more things I want to look at.

Thanks!

You can use any location that you like, including the temp folder that yousaved the script in. You just need to replace what is in the quotes on line 22.

I created the path in line 22, and also had to edit the directory name for Imagemagick, as I have a newer version.

ConvertLoc = chr(34) & "c:\program files\ImageMagick-6.6.1-Q16\convert.exe" & chr(34) & " "

Looks like we are getting somewhere =).

Now it's asking me for pixel size? Is there a special number I should use? Sorry I feel like I should know the answer to this question.

Quote Originally Posted by tdewitt274
    You can use any location that you like, including the temp folder that yousaved the script in. You just need to replace what is in the quotes on line 22.

I went ahead and hit enter without entering a size, and it appears to be working =). Once it's done then what is the next question =).

Quote Originally Posted by kanyon00
    I created the path in line 22, and also had to edit the directory name for Imagemagick, as I have a newer version.

ConvertLoc = chr(34) & "c:\program files\ImageMagick-6.6.1-Q16\convert.exe" & chr(34) & " "

Looks like we are getting somewhere =).

Now it's asking me for pixel size? Is there a special number I should use? Sorry I feel like I should know the answer to this question.

Pixel size is a matter of preference, I've never seen a definative answer on the board. Some 50, some 100, etc. The higher the number, the bigger the file. The smaller the number, the less detail you see. The script goes through and resizes the original file to the size that you enter (ex, the original is 230x100, the result is 50x50).

ok, I wil rerun the script and use 50. Once it completes. I am suppose to copy something right? Sorry =), I know I'm asking 1000 questions.

[QUIOTE=tdewitt274]Pixel size is a matter of preference, I've never seen a definative answer on the board. Some 50, some 100, etc. The higher the number, the bigger the file. The smaller the number, the less detail you see. The script goes through and resizes the original file to the size that you enter (ex, the original is 230x100, the result is 50x50).[/QUOTE]

Thread Information