DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Powers Upgrade extension

This extension adds similar functionality to the powers window that is in the weapons window. It allows the user to tag each entry as one of the five core Arcane Backgrounds; Magic, Miracles, Psionics, Weird Science, or Super Powers.

This will create an icon/indicator at the beginning of the power that can be double-clicked or dragged to roll a skill die for the power. You must have the appropriate skill in the skills section for this to work (Spellcasting for Magic, Faith for Miracles, etc. just as it appears in the core rules)

Super Powers Arcane Background is a special case: Each Super Power must have a skill with the same name as the power in the skills section (again, just as it is in the core rules.)

This extension also fixes the damage die type bug in the original code.

Also, the icons folder inside the extension contains a subfolder with alternate icons that can be used with a silver desktop, and should work well with a modern/future skin.

Disclaimer: The code in this extension is the same as the weapons window code with changes due to the different functionality of powers, and the damage dice type fix. Also, I used a base icon from the original ruleset to create the selection icons. All other code and artwork is my own, however. Please let me know if this creates an issue with releasing this extension, and I will remove it here and from Oberoten's Wiki.

I have added the extension to Oberoten's FG Wiki site; Here and as an attachment below.
    Last edited by Velocinox; April 12th, 2010 at 00:58.

Very nice indeed!
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Velocinox
    This extension also fixes the damage die type bug in the original code.
    Sorry to ask, but what bug is this?

The one I mentioned in this thread. This extension will fix that bug in addition to adding the listed functionality.

Ah, sorry. It was late and the phrasing was just different enough I didn't put two and two together. Thanks for clarifying.

Still very impressed with this!

Only thing I have noticed is that if a character has added bonuses to the dice roll, on the skill sheet, these do not appear when the power is rolled.

Not a major thing at all.

Also you have to call the skill spellcasting for the dice to work, so if a player use song magic or elementalism for their skill name iot of course will not recognise it, is there any way this can be achieved?

Again not a major issue (my players just changed the skill names), it just would be nice
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Hit me up directly and I'll dig into it. I'm not spending too much time on the ruleset now as I'm trying overcome some errors in wrapping up the deadlands material. However, we can certainly frame the problem and put it on the to-do list.

Thread Information