DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Untested possible fix for character bug in SW ruleset...

I received this in my PM (I have not had a chance to try it myself yet):

Quote Originally Posted by Firtun
    It seems to lie in the desktop.lua script file.

If you look for the line:
    DesktopManager.registerStackShortcut("button_chara cters", "button_characters_down", "Characters", "charactersheetlist", "charsheet");

you'll see it lies under the heading of -- Generic Tools. This menu option gets added to the side of the screen so players / gm's can click on it (I believe). The issue is that this only points to the GM characterlist - which doesnt have the options for creating new characters or 'becoming' that character.

you need to move this line to back under the --GM specific tools heading (I put it under this line :

DesktopManager.registerStackShortcut("button_tools ", "button_tools_down", "Tools", "sw_tools_gm");

and then delete it from where it currently is under the -- Generic Tools heading.

Now this is done, you need to add the following line under the --Player Specific tools heading :
    DesktopManager.registerStackShortcut("button_chara cters", "button_characters_down", "Characters", "identityselection");

which creates the button for the players to choose characters.
    If it works then Firtun is my new hero!
    Last edited by Doswelk; April 9th, 2010 at 21:08.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Hi,
    I've noticed a small mistake in the code I sent.

Code:
    DesktopManager.registerStackShortcut("button_chara cters", "button_characters_down", "Characters", "identityselection");
    has an extra space in it (seems to have appeared when I copied it from file). It should be :

Code:
    DesktopManager.registerStackShortcut("button_characters", "button_characters_down", "Characters", "identityselection");
    EDIT: it looks like the PM has inserted spaces in another line as well so the correct version to go in the --GM specific tools section is this:

Code:
    DesktopManager.registerStackShortcut("button_characters", "button_characters_down", "Characters", "charactersheetlist", "charsheet");

Firtun
    Last edited by Firtun; April 9th, 2010 at 18:51.

For your second ever post I am impressed!

For me at least you have fixed the most annoying bug that crept into FGII (SWEX)

THANK YOU!
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

You guys are awesome! Thanks!

Again, worked for me as well. Thank you.

I definitely recommend this get updated in the store based version of SW! That is a useful fix! Nice catch Firtun!

Someone bundle it into a extension?

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberoten
    Someone bundle it into a extension?

- Obe
    Great idea - done : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=12159

Eeeeexcellent. *rubs hands in glee*

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison
    I have heard back from Asilva and we are in the process of testing his fixes along with the ones submitted so far. We hope to conclude this testing and release the updated version for SW this week sometime.
    Whilst testing the version mentioned above I have discovered an "issue" can someone with a extension fix/manual fix see if you have the same "problem"

I can no longer drag PCs from the character selection to the combat tracker, I tend to use it when prepping a session, the fact it no longer works is a minor inconvenience and I would rather lose it and keep multiple PCs working if I had to choose!

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Thread Information