STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: BRP Modules

Blog Entries

BRP Modules

I'm guessing the BRP Ruleset is only the basic game bare bones system.

How easy would it be to add the extra modules that are available such Aces High or stuff form the Modern Equipment Catalog? Can all this stuff be added manually?

It is not very difficult, just follow Foen's instructions and experiment a bit. You need to do some XML editing, though.

The BRP ruleset comes with seven one-shot mini scenarios, taken from the quick start PDF. The ruleset has been built to be adaptable (as you'd expect with a system like BRP), and the user guide devotes a whole section to walking you through that process.

You can download the user guide from the store page without having to purchase the ruleset, so you can get a good idea about what's possible before you decide to buy.

Welcome to the FG forums Rosen! Good to see you here.

Foen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Foen
    You can download the user guide from the store page without having to purchase the ruleset, so you can get a good idea about what's possible before you decide to buy.
    Too late, its bought, paid for and installed. I've just been to busy playing around with it to read the docs.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard
    Too late, its bought, paid for and installed. I've just been to busy playing around with it to read the docs.
    Just bought it today. Foen has done another good job. Good job I decided to browse the forums, didn't realise this had been released

Brp

This looks very nice. I am pleased that we have this generic system as an official ruleset.
    I'm hoping to blend Rome and Cthulhu Invictus.

Peter
    Borusa32

It is possible to use the BRP ruleset to access CoC modules (they have been designed to be compatible) but you don't get the CoC reference materials with the BRP ruleset. A big chunk of the cost of a ruleset is the licence for game system IP, and BRP includes only the BRP core ruleset IP and not the CoC IP.

If you already have CoC installed as a ruleset on your (GM) machine, you can access the CoC material from within the BRP ruleset provided you install the (free) BRP Eldritch Horror extension.

(BTW, I was born in Romford)

Romford, Is that where you got those horns?
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

Quote Originally Posted by borusa32
    This looks very nice. I am pleased that we have this generic system as an official ruleset.
    Just as a note, how many people would like to use Fantasy Grounds for BRP Rome? I have a conversion on the way, but it is not very high on my priority list. This may change if people are interested. Please note that if you play BRP Rome by the book it has a rather different skill set.

Thread Information