Starfinder Playlist

Thread: noob questions

noob questions

Me and a friend are thinking about getting fg. but have a few questions first.

I've gathered that fro 2 of us to play we would need 1 full version and 1 lite version of fg, or 1 ultimate and any number of unregistered versions.

Does the 4e rule set come with both versions? So that whoever has lite version can create characters locally.

The reason I asks is because of the note "Some rulesets only allow character generation when connected to a host" on the page explaining the lite version.

The 4E ruleset does not allow local creation of characters by a lite license. Very few rulesets do. For technical reasons most rulesets allow at least partial building of a local character with a full or ultimate license. This is more a function of the capabilities of the these licenses instead of a conscious design on the ruleset builder.

If you are planning on playing 4E RPGA games online, I would strongly suggest you both get the full version of FG, otherwise just have the lite version connect to the server to build his character.

Thread Information