FG Spreadshirt Swag

A few 4E n00b questions

My group and I just got licenses for FG2, and I (as appointed DM) am experiencing the ins and outs of the program, and particularly of the 4E ruleset.

I've parsed the PHB, MM, and DMG using the 4E Parser, and I'm quite impressed with the overall quality of the ruleset - I must admit I was a bit skeptical, but it really rocks!

But... (you knew a "but" was coming, didn't ya?)... I have a couple of doubts... please bear with me, I'm kinda new at this stuff

1. Rituals. Is there a way to hyperlink rituals to the character sheet? I linked feats, abilities, powers, weapon, magic items... but I can't find where to link rituals.

2. Targeting. Can it be switched off?

3. Warlock's Curse/Paladin Challenge/Fighter Mark. Is there a way to graphically show on the tactical map which enemy is cursed/marked/challenged? I know it can be set as an effect in the combat tracker, but on the map it would stand out more. I thought about using the targeting system for this...

4. Tokens. Is there a way to move the skull, chest, and pointed finger tokens from the "main" box to a bag? I created a "Miscellaneous" bag for this kind of stuff, but every time I move these 3 pre-defined tokens to it, when I next restart FG2 they're back where they started.

Well... that's all on top of my head for now...

Quote Originally Posted by PublicJohnDoe
    1. Rituals. Is there a way to hyperlink rituals to the character sheet? I linked feats, abilities, powers, weapon, magic items... but I can't find where to link rituals.
    Yep. Just drag'n'drop them into the "Special Abilities" section on the "Abilities" tab.

2. Targeting. Can it be switched off?
    Not entirely, but I think you can accomplish the same approximate effect by turning off double click actions in the options.

Not that there's anything wrong with wanting to turn it off, but I'm just curious: Why do you want to do so?

3. Warlock's Curse/Paladin Challenge/Fighter Mark. Is there a way to graphically show on the tactical map which enemy is cursed/marked/challenged? I know it can be set as an effect in the combat tracker, but on the map it would stand out more. I thought about using the targeting system for this...
    If you aren't using targetting for attacks, then, yeah, feel free to use it for marks. That's what our group used to do before targeting was implemented. If there's a specific roadblock in doing so thanks to the targeting system (after you turn off double click rolling) let us know.

4. Tokens. Is there a way to move the skull, chest, and pointed finger tokens from the "main" box to a bag? I created a "Miscellaneous" bag for this kind of stuff, but every time I move these 3 pre-defined tokens to it, when I next restart FG2 they're back where they started.
    Weird. They're not *in* the main bag for me. They're actually in a Miscellaneous bag already, and I'm pretty sure I didn't create that.

Tokens come from several places:

<data>/tokens/shared
    <data>/tokens/host
    <data>/campaigns/<current campaign>/tokens
    module token folders

The images and folders in each of these places is placed in the main token bag. You can add folders in any of these places and they become bags. Move images into them and the tokens will be stored in those bags.

Does that help?

First of all, thanks for your replies, Eugene! Really appreciated, man!

Quote Originally Posted by EugeneZ
    Yep. Just drag'n'drop them into the "Special Abilities" section on the "Abilities" tab.
    That's it! I never figured out they had to be listed under "abilities".

Not that there's anything wrong with wanting to turn it off, but I'm just curious: Why do you want to do so?
    Well, basically because from the (very limited) testing I had with my group so far, they preferred to "mark" targets using the targeting, and the "proper" targeting system got in the way.

But after further testing, I think using the system to resolve attacks and apply damage is *really* useful... we'll probably use it the way it was intended to

Weird. They're not *in* the main bag for me. They're actually in a Miscellaneous bag already, and I'm pretty sure I didn't create that.
    Very odd. Anyway, now I got it...
    I had created a Miscellaneous bag in my /tokens/shared/, and the 4E ruleset already has those 3 tokens into its /tokens/, and with the very same name "Miscellaneous" (I unpacked the 4E.pak to check it).
    It probably screwed up having the same folder name... I renamed my own as "Markers" instead, and now all is fine.

Thread Information