5E Character Create Playlist

Any chance to change color of fog of war?

Well, i want to change the original color to black! ty
    ****We play RolePlayGame because that's soooo CRAZY!****
    -----------------------------Ultimate Game Master-------------------------
    Galaxy Master - Star Wars Saga Edition -
    Dungeon Master - DnD 4e -

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dm-crazy
    Not sure but I think if a darker color is used it may make it really hard for the GM to see. Not sure with anyone else but even with the light color mask it is sometimes still hard for time to see some of the information under the mask. Maybe a darker color with more transparency on the GM client?

Quote Originally Posted by dm-crazy
    Hi,

There is a way to do this. Tenion (I think), mentioned it in passing in reply to one of my posts. He said (I think) that it uses the colour of some background of other, and that it can easily be changed in an XML editor.

Possibly the thing your looking to change is in some default xml file or an exention, I can't remember.

As is, I agree with your post. The current fog of war or mask look like the brown paper bags you get from the newsagent if you bought a naughty magazine.

Blog Entries
    If I recall correctly, when I was re-skinning the 4E ruleset I noticed that the mask uses a transparency of the image frame background color.

In theory, you should be able to create an alternative version of the image window frame graphic and re-color the background to the color you desire. e.g. black would result in a dark grey(ish) mask. Note: this would make it quite dark for the GM to see tokens etc.

The image window frame used in 4E can be located at:

Code:
    graphics/frames/imagebox.png
    You can then create a simple extension to override the frame definition for 'imagebox' (in this 4E example) defined in graphics_frames.xml using your new .png.
    Last edited by Zeus; April 4th, 2010 at 23:04.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Ty everyone!
    ****We play RolePlayGame because that's soooo CRAZY!****
    -----------------------------Ultimate Game Master-------------------------
    Galaxy Master - Star Wars Saga Edition -
    Dungeon Master - DnD 4e -

Quote Originally Posted by DrZeuss
    If I recall correctly, when I was re-skinning the 4E ruleset I noticed that the mask uses a transparency of the image frame background color.

In theory, you should be able to create an alternative version of the image window frame graphic and re-color the background to the color you desire. e.g. black would result in a dark grey(ish) mask. Note: this would make it quite dark for the GM to see tokens etc.

The image window frame used in 4E can be located at:

Code:
    graphics/frames/imagebox.png
    You can then create a simple extension to override the frame definition for 'imagebox' (in this 4E example) defined in graphics_frames.xml using your new .png.
    Does this still hold true?

I made a backup of imagebox.png and replaced it with one of my own making, hoping to be able to use a mask as a way to simulating the flooding of a room, by gradually covering the map with the mask.

However changing the imagebox.png to another type of image, even with the file name being the same, didn't seem to have any effect.

adminwheel3,

Make sure that FG is using your customized ruleset. If you have the 4E.pak file in the FG application directory, then it will be used instead of any rulesets located in the FG data directory.

Cheers,
    JPG

Maybe thats my problem - I'm not customizing any ruleset - I'm just changeing the file at C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets\4E_JPG\frames

from the normal imagebox.png file to the waterbased imagebox.png file.

Blog Entries
    If you have unpacked the 4E.pak file to app data/rulesets, to replace the graphic, make sure you remove the 4E.pak file from the program folder. This will ensure the unpacked modified version is used.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thread Information