FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

And now for some new 4E NPC Stat Blocks...

NEW VERSION AVAILABLE: (v1.4) is now available for download. See last post for update notes.

A little later than I anticipated but as promised I've uploaded and made available the latest version (v0.5b) of my Personalities extension for 4E. The extension, whilst having been tested against MM1, MM2, DMG, DMG2 and a sample of other 4E rulebooks and supplements including Dungeon magazine, is still under development and being tweaked. This due to the amount (and variance) of published NPC data, it's therefore best to consider this version an extended beta.

Please post back comments and feel free to feedback on anything you feel isn't working as it should be or could be done better. Lastly those of you who have 4E modules which have been created using Tenian's 4E Parser tool, please note the important note section below.

4E Personalities

Introduces new 4E style window skins for Personalities - NPCs (MM3 style stat blocks), Traps (DMG2 style stat blocks) and Vehicles (AV style stat blocks).

• Replaces the Adventure and Reference Class Personalities windowclasses with new 4E stat block style
      and layout. The skins are based on the latest available information from WotC and follow the styles
      of DMG2 for Traps, AV for Vehicles and the soon to be released MM3 for NPCs.
    • Supports MM1 and MM2 shortdescription formats for NPCs ensuring backwards compatibility with existing
      4E compatible modules.
    • Supports AV shortdescription formats for Vehicles ensuring backwards compatibility with existing
      4E compatible modules.
    • Supports DMG and DMG2 shortdescription formats for Traps *** see IMPORTANT NOTE

IMPORTANT NOTE

• Existing NPCs module data (using MM1 and MM2 formats) is fully compatible. No changes are required.
    • Existing Trap module data requires reparsing using version v4.0.66 or higher of Tenian's 4EParser tool.
    • Existing Vehicle module data is fully compatible. No changes are required.

Note: Please ensure you backup your campaign files before you use. Please also read the readme.txt file before using.

Download from my FGII 4E Resources page.

Enjoy!

DrZ.
    Last edited by Zeus; August 11th, 2011 at 22:41.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

How do you make those tokens? I've got the minis-to-token ones but I rather have those

Blog Entries
    Very simple really. I use the stock images provided in the MM and MM2 or any other source books I source the NPC from.

Once I have the JPEG images, I use a Photoshop CS4 Action which produces the disc based counters.

The Action effectively crops the image to squarish dimensions, creates a disc based cutout and gold border, adds a few effects and then masks outs the non-disc part of the image. Finally it creates 50x50,100x100 and 150x150 pixel size versions and saves these as transparent background PNG-8 files.

I then use a batch process on a whole subfolder of images, eg. MM2.

Each token comes out at about 8-10KB in size.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Ah, too bad you don't have a template for GIMP... otherwise I'd switch

DrZeuss, like many of your projects, I am looking forward to this one. Looks awesome.

here are a couple of programs(free) that do a good job of tokens like that.
    check them out.

https://www.rptools.net/index.php?pa...oads#TokenTool

and

https://www.kloogeinc.com/download.shtml Demo

both work well
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

yea I thought about using my licensed copy of Klooge for just the token maker. Might still do it.

tokentool really is the best for making tokens. so simple and powerful. it's a tool made for that one job. i made some square borders that are simple colour-coded (red=foe, etc) borders and i get some really cool tokens. this, chiefly through using the MM pics, as DrZ suggests.
    DNH
    "Lost in Karameikos"

Wow, I'm really looking forward to these npc stat blocks. It's like reading them in their native tongue.

Well, I used TokenTool to do mine, it was far better than Klooge's due to the fact that I could re-size on the spot. I did both Monster Manuals for a total of 618 tokens now.

Thought about doing portraits now, going through all the books I have...

Thanks for the advice
    Everybody lies...
    -Dr. Gregory House, HOUSE MD-

Urge to destroy world, rising...
    -Black Mage, 8-Bit Theater-

Thread Information