DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Creating GM Tools [Updated]

I've been in the processing of creating a full detailed city but with the limitations of the modules that come with the d20 system, I have been slowly working on some GM tools to help out.

Two in progress:

1. Full List of NPCs
    2. Weapons/Armor/Items

NPCs, besides monsters, are virtually nonexistent. Having to flip through my DMG and find the stats for NPCs is very time consuming, then inputting all that information. So to make it easier on me, I've decided to create all possible NPCs, with the basic classes as well as the NPC classes in the DMG.

7 (main races) X 17 (regular classes + npc classes) x 20 (levels) = 2380 npcs

Now thats not counting any variations between cross class, or NPCs that are major NPCs. In which case, I like rolling those up myself, but not saying another module could be made for different variations.

I have also noticed that the only actual items that open up windows, are in the magical items list. Everything else, is either in a list form or not fully listed in the module for d20. So to make it easier for me to add items to my adventure modules within FG, I am going to create most of the items so they are clickable.

Also I wanted to ask everyone here as well, what is something, library module wise, that you could use to help improve your adventure module making?

cpbs

Edit: August 8th, 2010

I've had this on my computer for a while now and able to actually give it some time to work on. I am working through one race at a time per class. Right now this is a "cookie cutter" version of just 1-20 levels of Human Barbarians. No feats or skills are selected nor weapons or armor. All that is left up to the GM. Once I produce a full list for barbarians will all races, I will post a detailed pdf instruction on how to use these npc with the personalities box. If you see any errors while going through this please feel free to post.

Thanks

https://abacusforge.com/fgii/barbarian_npc_v0.01.zip

August 9th:

Added levels 1-20 of Dwarven Barbarian

https://abacusforge.com/fgii/barbarian_npc_v0.02.zip
    Last edited by cpbs; August 9th, 2010 at 20:40. Reason: Updating Information
    AbacusForge - Blog
    Think - Develop - Build

Player:Yes Times: Contact Me

DM:Yes/Also willing to DM groups (PM me) Time: Contact Me

Rulesets: 3.5, Cthulhu

wow that sounds like a huge undertaking, but it would be really handy to be able to grab a 6th level elven wizard and a 5th level human fighter for example.

Yep a very large under taking, it's like leveling up a character 20 times, but like you said in the long run it would be worth it.
    AbacusForge - Blog
    Think - Develop - Build

Blog Entries
    Are you using the d20_jpg ruleset? If so, there's a PCGen template included with it that you can use to export PCGen-created characters to PC or NPC-valid xml. You can then paste the xml into a campaign. It's not perfect, but it speeds up the work quite a bit. I use the feature a lot to create my custom NPC's.

~P

Updated, should be usable, for 3.5/d20_jpg/d20.
    AbacusForge - Blog
    Think - Develop - Build

Dwarven barbarians added.
    AbacusForge - Blog
    Think - Develop - Build

cpbs you might want to look at NPC Designer: https://www.rpgattitude.com/joomla/c...gner-info.html

I used this when playing 3.5 and it exports XML to FG2 format and it does equipment and such. A great tool.

Thanks for the help! I've looked over the tool before and although it is a wonderful tool to use outside of FG to create NPC and then import them into the game. I was looking to create module that I can edit within FG on the fly. Thats why I am making "cookie cutter" version of all the levels and classes along with races.

For me I think the tool is too good, if that is possible . It does everything for th DM, which is not exactly what I am looking for. If it could create an NPC with no AC, Weapon, or Items. Then it would make my work a lot easier. But I guess it at least helps me double check most of the stats that I am working on to make sure they are right.

Thanks again
    AbacusForge - Blog
    Think - Develop - Build

Thread Information