Starfinder Playlist

Something that might be useful...

This might help out on distributing modules to your players, especially if you update them frequently. Also, it will give yourself a backup of your modules.

You and your players Signup, Download, and Install Dropbox

Now, if you are using Windows XP, download JUNCTION and unzip it to C:\Windows\System32, Windows Vista can use MLINK

Next, do a Start -> Run -> CMD
    In the prompt, type
    Code:
    move "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II\modules" "C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Dropbox\"
    Next (while still in the CMD prompt)
    Code:
    junction "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II\modules" "C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Dropbox\modules"
    (GM Only) Next, right click on your dropbox and go to the website. Go to "Sharing" -> "Share a folder" -> "I'd like to share an existing folder" -> select "modules" -> Input your players email addresses to share with.

Now, every time you make a change, it is reflected to all the rest. This is also nice if you just want to share your work between your home computer, laptop, and work computer (but we all know we shouldn't do that )

I got this idea from https://wiki.dropbox.com/TipsAndTricks/SyncOtherFolders

Hope this helps

I created a small app that might help out too.

If you don't have "junction", FGII, or Dropbox installed, it will tell you.

If you have all three, it will do the move and create the junctions for you.

You will have to go into your Dropbox account to set up the shares.

Also, it will ask you for your username and password for your computer, this is because the script needs to run under a user. When I wrote it, Windows 7 did not like it unless it was set to use a username/password.

I assure you that in no way, shape, or form, is this malicious whatsoever. I used AutoIT3 to create the script and compile it.

Just thought it would be helpful.

Thread Information