5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Tutorial for parsing adventures?

Hey guys,

I would really like to learn how to use the 4e parser to create adventure modules but I have no idea where to start. I want to convert the SoW adventure path from pdf to module format. I have all the pdf's and the parser but after that, I am lost. If anyone could help me or send a link to somewhere that explains how to use the parser I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    If you have a DDI account (sounds like you do). Take a look at this thread. You may find it useful for learning how to scrape the NPCs, Items etc. using the scrape feature of the 4EParser.

In addition and if you have access to Adobe Pro 9, take a look here.

Finally FourUglyMonsters (FUM) is the home of the 4EParser, you will probably find more information/help on module making using the Parser there.
    Last edited by Zeus; March 5th, 2010 at 17:15.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thanks a lot looks good although the links that lead to the first zip file are both dead. If anyone can point me to where I can find that file it would be awesome.

Blog Entries
    I've updated the link in the original post. it should work now.

For reference all my XSL stylesheets can be found at:

https://zgp.eugenez.net/XSL
    FG Project Development

Current Project:
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates

Ok, so I got everything down to the final story.txt file but now where do I go from here? I also did not see anything as far as encounter.txt info, it seemed to be blank.

Blog Entries
    My bad, I uploaded an older 'broken' version.

I've updated the zip file in the original post. Try that and let me know if you still can't see the encounters.txt (should be right near the top of the output file).

Z.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Actually, now it isn't working at all for me. Just a jumbled mess of text after using the new version 1.5

Blog Entries
    If your referring to the output you see inside the browser of XML Notepad, once you have transformed, thats normal. Just right click in the browser and select View Source.

If you followed my step guide, notepad++ should open with the output text file correctly formatted.

I just, retested with the XSL stylesheet I uploaded (v1.5) and the process works for me.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Hmm, yes I did the view source and yet it is not working now. Strange because it worked before minus the encounter txt. I will try again.

Thread Information