FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    In the interim I have been using Marked;ATTK: -1; which applies a -3 total penalty. It reduces issues with stacking problems and over write from other effects. The difficulty comes into play when two defenders are in the party. You need to be aware if one mark over rides the other and manually clear it.

Be aware though that an effect like the one above:
    Marked; ATK: -1
    will apply a negative one (-1) modifier to any attack the marked creature makes, including attacks against the marking PC, which is not correct. When a creature has this effect on him and attacks the marking PC the DM will need to manually adjust the creatures attack by +1.

Otherwise the effect will work as intended.

Was the Paladin marking every implemented in any way?
    Support:
    https://support.fantasygrounds.com/
    Have a suggestion for a feature? Go here https://fgapp.idea.informer.com

Quote Originally Posted by lokiare1
    Was the Paladin marking every implemented in any way?
    I don't believe it was. I'm always careful when setting up Defender marking effects to make sure I give them descriptors after a semi-colon in order to distinguish between my class feature and other generic Marked conditions.

eg. My new Swordmage Enlil has:

Marked; Aegis of Assault
    for any creature marked with his class Aegis feature; and

Marked; Enlil
    for any creature marked with a power separate to the class feature. The character name is there purely for other players' information on the character tracker. This helps me distinguish when to enact my additional class features or powers when a creature attacks against my mark, or when to just let the attack proceed as per normal with the -2 penalty. Be certain that you place the Marked condition first, and that it is separated from any descriptors by a semi-colon, otherwise it won't work mechanically in FG2.

The same system can easily sort out a Paladin's Divine Challenges from their Divine Sanctions, or other more generic marks. It makes the "when to apply my damage ability" process much easier.
    Last edited by someoneinatree; June 13th, 2013 at 10:39.
    FGU Ultimate License/FGC Standard
    Timezone: Australian EST (UTC +10)
    Systems: Prefer DnD 5e as GM or player.
    FKA Chezcaliente

I do similar though I have have them use their character names with their "normal" marks for that class, if multiple characters can mark. Thus if a monster breaks the mark and doesn't include say a paladin in an attack the paladin player can see it and just drop the divine challenge damage. To make things easier, most of my paladin players have set their mark up to expire each round so they can easily change targets without me having to update the combat tracker, even though a paladins mark doesn't expire every round.

The one problem with names or anything else being added to a mark is they don't naturally override each other which can be a problem if you have a party with a lot of people who can mark.

Thread Information