FG Spreadshirt Swag

DM 4E Character Entry help

So I am a first time FG DM, and I'm trying to put together something simple as a test run.

I created a local character (4E ruleset), then I started putting together maps in my campaign. I am having trouble putting my character into my campaign. There is a "characters" button in the upper right corner, but it doesn't give me an option to import a character or create a character

Is what I'm trying to do possible?

The local character creation mode is specifically for players to create characters that they can import into the game.

To import a character that you made locally to test, you need to fire up a second instance of FG on the same machine, and "Join Game" at the address 127.0.0.1. Once you are connected, the second instance will be a player instance, and you will have the option of using the local character, using a server character or making a new server character.

If you choose to use the local character, then the character will be copied to the server. When you log in on any client that started with a local character, you will see both the local and the server character in the character selection box on login.

In my games, here is what I have done:
    * Have the players enter their data at the first session,
    * or I enter the data that the players send me in e-mail.

Cheers,
    JPG

You need to open FGII and go to the "Manage Characters" section and create a character.

Once you have a local character, people that login in (or you if you self login to localhost) can click on the characters section of the campaign and you will find your list of pc's there.

Hope this was helpful, ive only downloaded a few days ago and it was a steep learning curve.

EDIT: Ninjad

Just to clarify in case there's any confusion. The instructions above are for creating characters as a player.

If you want to create a character as a gamemaster, just open the characters window within your campaign, and click the "Create New Character" button. That character will be available to your players next time they log in.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information