DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 11 First ... 7891011 Last

"New Challenger..."

Sorry for the vague Super Smash Bros. reference, but here is my stats:
    1. I prefer D&D 3.5e because of the flexibility of the d20 system that it is built upon, and the fact that there are so many things to choose from for both an aspiring DM & Player.
    2. I am practically new to roleplaying if I don't count my experiences with runescape, everquest, and a few other MMO's, not to mention a few RPG's for the PC such as Neverwinter Nights and Baldur's Gate, so basically I am as most mean people would put it a newb, but even so I take that as a compliment because it just means that I am ready and willing to learn, also I am very mature when it comes to roleplaying, though I don't like cheaters very much and I can get very excited easily (I am a child at heart after all).
    3. I am thoroughly comfortable with FG but and quite new to it's use.
    4. I am in Mountain Standard Time.
    5. I would prefer to play at least once a month, and would love it if it could be done biweekly.
    6. I prefer to play at night but before midnight (my computer has been programmed to automatically lock me out at midnight until 7 AM because if it didn't I wouldn't go to bed, I am a bit of a computer addict after all).
    7. I am 21 years of age and proud of it.
    8. Currently I am a student going to the University of Advancing Technology to get a degree in Game Programming.
    9. I am a very advanced reader who prefers a good book, especially if I can learn somthing from it.
    10. Some of my favorite books are Finite (The actual name of the book is Finite), Darksword Adventures, Dragonquest, and Sherlock Holmes. Some of my favorite video games are Pokemon, Final Fantasy, and Phantasy Sta. Also some of my hobbies include programming, robotics, and theorizing.
    "In life, it is not what happens to you, but how you choose to react to it that matters." ~Unknown~

Welcome keetarin, I will send you an invite to the calender page where you can start working on your character. If you need some help on creating a character with the Midnight rules, get in touch with me or Raen.

On another note, I was able to finish the Heroic Paths for the library and now I am working on the class section.
    AbacusForge - Blog
    Think - Develop - Build

Player:Yes Times: Contact Me

DM:Yes/Also willing to DM groups (PM me) Time: Contact Me

Rulesets: 3.5, Cthulhu

Character Building

Hi, I have a copy of the campaign book, but could you send me some information on the campaign story that were running. I'd like to fit my character to the setting a little bit.
    "In life, it is not what happens to you, but how you choose to react to it that matters." ~Unknown~

As of right now me and Raen are working to get a campaign story together. Give us a little time as we want to make this great. But once we have it all together or just a general outline we will post an over view of how we see the campaign.
    AbacusForge - Blog
    Think - Develop - Build

What we do know currently, is that the party will tend more towards good, and we will more then likely be going against the shadow in one way or another. One thing you can do is to go to www.abacusforge.com/guild and take a look at the available character bio's there. That may give you an idea of the flavor that our current players are expecting.
    Feed me a kitten...

Update:

We have just filled our last open position in the campaign for players. However if you still are interested in joining our group, feel free to keep checking through this thread for updates on what is going on in the campaign and possible openings. Also, keep in mind that there always could be schedule conflicts, loss of interest, or real life issues that could cause some of our players to drop. So feel free to post here with your questionnaire answers, character concept, and availability. Doing it this way will make any new player's transitions as smooth as possible.
    Feed me a kitten...

Questionaire

(Originally posted by GM_Spiral.) Please answer a few personal questions.

1. Preferred game system(s)
    2. Your style of gameplay and experience
    3. Your comfortable level with FG
    4. Your timezone (GMT -/+)
    5. Preferred gaming frequency with FG (weekly? biweeky? monthly?)
    6. Preferred day and time (Day, Time)
    7. Your age
    8. Your profession
    9. Writing and reading comfort level (English)
    10. Your favorite books, games, video games, movies, and anything else you want to share to show your personality.

Thanks for reading!
    Feed me a kitten...

Trailer for the Midnight movie:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p35thkHoyCQ

The Masterpiece Theater production values aside, the trailer gives a good glimpse into the Midnight campaign world.

1. Preferred game system(s)
    Absolutely anything is fine by me. I'm most familiar with D&D 3.5, but have an enormous stack of manuals and handbooks littering my living room desk, so whatever you feel like playing is perfectly fine by me.

2. Your style of gameplay and experience
    I can RP as well as most, though to be honest, I do tend to be a number cruncher at heart. This is not to say that I build a character strictly by the number and give it no thought, but I see no reason why a mechanicly competent character ceases to be less that lifelike in it's personality. I tend to be fairly detail oriented in real life and it bleeds into my gaming, even when I don't want it to

3. Your comfortable level with FG
    I've been using it for a few years now. I'm perfectly capable of playing whatever you like on it, and have even tried my hand at building a few modules for it. Not to successfully, sadly, my scripting sucks.

4. Your timezone (GMT -/+)
    Central (GMT -5/-6 depending on the time of year)

5. Preferred gaming frequency with FG (weekly? biweeky? monthly?)
    I am usually involved in a weekly game schedule, but I am flexible.

6. Preferred day and time (Day, Time)
    My only real limitations are that I work until 4-430 pm central on the weekdays, I have a regular game on Tuesdays already, and I have a rather erratic dialysis schedule on Saturdays. Not that I can't play on Saturday, but I would definitely be missing games here and there because of it, so it would probably be best not to schedule for Sat.

7. Your age
    I'm 36 years old.

8. Your profession
    Orthodontic lab tech. Basicly, I make the retainers, braces, etc that the dentist puts in your kids mouth

9. Writing and reading comfort level (English)
    I read and write just fine, thank you. Joking aside, I have my own library of beat up paperbacks and worn out hardcovers that covers a good part of every nook and cranny of my house. At a guess, I've got a minimum of 2000 books, and likely considerably more. Kind of hard to tell since they are scattered about

10. Your favorite books, games, video games, movies, and anything else you want to share to show your personality.
    I'm a fan of ROMs, old school games from the original Nintendo, Sega, Turbo Graffix, etc. I rarely watch tv, though I do enjoy a good movie, and, of course, I read almost incessantly. I really have broad tastes when it comes to books, though I do tend to stick to sci-fi and fantasy for the most part. I'm a real sucker for historical fiction though, and if you plop a history book on the table, I'll end up reading it sooner more than later

Other than that, I tend to flit about using the free trials for various online games like EVE, Star Trek Online, WoW, etc. I rarely stick with them for more than a month, if only because mashing a button repeatedly isn't really my idea of what a role playing game should be. I enjoy chess, well, all strategic games really, and I avoid first person shooters like the plague.

One thing to be clear on though. . I do not LARP, nor do I wish to do so. Not that I have anything against it, but I am not my character, and I don't particularly see the need to pretend that I am. Roleplaying is a way to get away from my real life for a while, and as such I like to keep the two separate .

Our first meeting was indeed a successes on many points as we were able to see mostly everyone that has registered on the calender. We are looking to meet this coming Friday (April 2) as well and finish up everything we need to do before out first game on April 9th. I know at least one person that will not be able to make it, but I think we can pull through and have some fun.

How I see it, usually those first games are kind of like first tests in college from a new professor. You don't really know how things will all be arranged but I think everyone will do fine.

I hope to see everyone next week and then get this campaign on the road
    AbacusForge - Blog
    Think - Develop - Build

Thread Information