FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 11 First ... 91011
    Depends on what you're bumping I would suppose. lol
    Feed me a kitten...

Edit: Right-o
    vvvvvvvv
    Last edited by Kaloth; April 7th, 2010 at 05:31.

lol

Keep it PG folks. Or at least in good taste.

Hey hey guys! It looks like our first actual game session will be kicking off this Friday, April 9th. We are still currently full up on players for the time being, but are still looking for others to fill out the questionnaire and be on standby. The game is using the Midnight campaign setting converted to 3.5 rules, played every Friday. CPBS and myself will be taking turns GMing adventures to lead the players to the same ultimate goal. I will post the notes from our coming session here, so that everyone can keep up with what our party is up to.
    Feed me a kitten...

Session notes:

The game started with the party traveling on the road, leaving a small village that housed a small but effective resistance movement. We came into the town individually or in small groups, but were thrown together into something resembling a party by the administrators of the resistance. Our mission was to track, observe, and report enemy patrol units and to assassinate anything we could handle. Three days into the mission, our party was setting up camp when a small party of Elves entered into the clearing where we were setting up camp. We invited them to share our fire and we bartered for information. One character pulled a very interesting looking elf aside to have a private conversation. The Elves gave us some very interesting information about a salt mine that had people there in need of assistance.

Shortly after the bartering was finished, everyone decided it was time to turn in. When the sun rose the Elves left the camp and our party set off in the direction of the salt mine. As we walked to our destination, we encountered a group of hostiles that we felt we could eliminate effectively. Battle commenced and was finished in short order with only one unconscious party member on our side, one injured party member, and all enemies obliterated. We pulled off of the road on which the battle commenced to tend our wounds, burn the bodies of the deceased, and rest before commencing on our journey.

We had a decent turn out player wise and still have some kinks to work out in regards to group synergy, but overall I would give the party an A-. There will be another session Friday, April 16th. Though we currently have a full active roster, we are still looking for a couple of standby players just in case. Feel free to post your answers to the questionaire located in page 1 of this thread.
    Feed me a kitten...

Also if you would like a more in-depth 1st person account of what happened during our game session then feel free to visit this link, https://abacusforge.com/guild/forum/.../els-monologue and check it out.
    Feed me a kitten...

Also here is the chatlog for the game as well.

https://abacusforge.com/guild/chatlogs/midnight-492010
    AbacusForge - Blog
    Think - Develop - Build

Player:Yes Times: Contact Me

DM:Yes/Also willing to DM groups (PM me) Time: Contact Me

Rulesets: 3.5, Cthulhu

player

1. Preferred game system(s)
    D&D
    2. Your style of gameplay and experience
    25 years D&D FR
    3. Your comfortable level with FG
    Comfortable
    4. Your timezone (GMT -/+)
    +10
    5. Preferred gaming frequency with FG (weekly? biweeky? monthly?)
    Weekly Bi weekly
    6. Preferred day and time (Day, Time)
    Any
    7. Your age
    8. Your profession
    Musician Artsian
    9. Writing and reading comfort level (English)
    Good
    10. Your favorite books, games, video games, movies, and anything else you want to share to show your personality.
    ra salvadore

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1976
    1. Preferred game system(s)
    D&D
    etc.
    You may be flogging a dead horse here, the last post on this thread was over 3 years ago.

Perhaps try PMing the GM directly to see if they are still active and looking for players. But, if they aren't active any more or aren't checking FG PMs then that will just fall on deaf ears...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Calling out to all you 3.5E gamers looking for a weekend of gaming! Make sure you check your timezone - unless you are logged in and set your timezone the games will show in UTC! We have 3 Oriental Adventures themed sessions running at FG Con 4 that need 1-4 extra players. You can play in one or all sessions.

https://www.fg-con.com/events/the-ma...odate-part-13/

You are all Ronin.

Regardless of whether you were a Samurai, a Ninja, or a Monk, you have been labelled by the people as a Ronin and your deaths are commanded by High Ecclesiarch. Set in the nation of Preseria (a fantasy analogue of feudal Japan) where the ‘old ways’ had persisted for centuries, only to fall prey to a new, progressive movement known as the Ecclesiarchy. With their powerful evangelism and tempting lifestyle they have raised the masses that were once satisfied with their simple lives against their former lords and created civil war.

This war tore across Preseria and culminated in the capture and execution of the King and his Lords. The leader of the Ecclesiarchy adopted the rule of the nation and cast all ties to the old ways as sinful and decadent, demanding that the death of the old ways are the only way to secure a rich and prosperous future. The Ninja were hunted, those who survived forced from their hidden lairs with weapons of fire and thunder.

The Samurai were marched to the city and town squares, where they faced an honour less death at the hands of the common warriors and their alien ‘guns’. The monks fought for their monasteries with the fierce yet harmonious fighting for which they were renown, but even their temple fortresses were burnt to ash. The survivors of the old ways gathered in the wilderness, casting aside their former hatreds for the sakes of survival, but even then they were chased and hounded. You are one of these survivors, no matter your former profession you have been disgraced and named Ronin by the Common Army.

Though your death seems inevitable there is hope, for the Samurai training grounds still stand. A huge fortress town that is defensible, has supplies enough for an extended siege, and has offered invitations to the survivors of the old ways. This haven is called Kakunodate

- This game will be run using D&D 3.5
    - Characters will be provided and will be at level 10
    - This game will be combat heavy but there will be plenty of opportunity for role-playing.
    - This game is set to run for 3 (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) with a session for each day, listed as different events.
    - Up to 6 player slots available.

If you can’t make all 3 games that’s fine as there are literally hundreds of potential characters in the survivors heading towards the objective.

Thread Information