5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
    Blog Entries

4E Ruleset Bug: Effects not updating in Player's CT

Found a bug in v.2.0.1.:

Sometimes effects don't seem to update in real-time in the player's version of the combat tracker. If a player exits their combat tracker and opens it up again, everything shows up fine. Happened to multiple players on multiple occasions last night.

It seemed to be somewhat random and I wasn't able to reproduce the error this morning with a localhost player and limited testing. Not much helpful information, I know, but maybe more folks will be able to add details as they discover them.

I wasn't the biggest problem in the world, but it was annoying for the players.

Thanks Ansbach. I noticed this occasionally in testing as well, but could never reproduce it.

Do you have any more details on when it's happening?
    Adding a new effect, Deleting an effect, Editing an effect?)

Thanks,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    We were running a mock combat to test out the updated ruleset and it occurred when applying effects in combat during the testing. Some were from existing powers, but I know one was a "Marked by..." effect that the Fighter added that night. So for example, the Fighter might mark 1 or 2 targets and then another player wouldn't see the marked effect on a monster in his CT until he closed it and reopened it. But not always - it seemed somewhat random, or at least we didn't connect a specific action with the bug.

We'll pay closer attention next time and see if we can provide you with better info.

Thanks, Ansbach. I would appreciate that. Any reproducibility or any pointers in the right direction would be great.

My group's attention span is short, so I had trouble getting them to follow up on those sorts of items. Plus, they are high paragon level, so effects are flying everywhere.

I believe that it might have to do with the onChildUpdate and onChildAdded callback functions not getting called in every case, but having more details will help me narrow down where the problem might be.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information