DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Issues with new 4E ruleset

RESIST: needs an 'all' type. Many powers (especially Barbarian powers) grant RESIST: X all to damage.

Better documentation is required on effect parsing. For example, the ruleset properly parses Dazzling Ray (TRGT; ATK: [-DEX]) but no where in the docs does it explain that you can do [] calculations to compute a number. Additionally, RESIST: [WIS+2] doesn't seem to calculate.

Need the ability to have conditional healing effects. Specifically, the Bard power Stirring Shout has an effect: Till the end of the encounter, whenever an ally hits the target, that ally regains hit points equal to your CHA modifier. This gets parsed simply as a HEAL: CHA effect, which when dropped on the monster, heals the monster. I don't believe there's currently a 'correct' way to parse this, but ideally it would put an effect that would auto-heal any ally who hits the creature with the effect.

More to come as we play...
    -Bumamgar

Additionally, when multiple effects stack to provide a number (ie: DEF EFFECTS -4], it would be nice to have the option to have the ruleset display each effect, not just the total. That way it's easy to know for sure if it's applying effects properly
    -Bumamgar

A RESIST with no type is all. i.e. RESIST: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Tenian
    A RESIST with no type is all. i.e. RESIST: 5
    Ah, nice. (That would be a good addition to the documentation)
    -Bumamgar

Additionally, when using multi-targeting for attacks and damage, if the attack crits one of the targets, the damage rolled for that target isn't automatically treated as a crit. For now, it just means we have to untarget the critted creature, do damage, then target and roll crit damage seperately. It would be nice if it could set a flag and then treat the next damage roll as a crit automatically.
    -Bumamgar

You must remember that this is the first implementation of effects that truly integrate with any rolls in any ruleset that I am aware of, so there will be things that could be better. However, I feel that this system is far better than what the GM and players had to do before.

Here are some comments on your notes so far:
    * The [] tags in effects are only valid in effects on a PC character sheet powers page. The only values supported are [ABILITY] and [-ABILITY]. The ability bonuses will be added to the original die string value, if any. For your resist example, the effect on the character power sheet would be "RESIST: 2 [WIS]".
    * The challenge with displaying each modifier is that rolls are already very lengthy in the chat window. I have been considering an alternative structure where rolls are detailed in a separate window, and only the result shown in the chat window.
    * I will add the note for RESIST effect applying to all when no energy type is specified to the release notes.
    * Memory of critical attacks for damage rolls is on the wish list.

In general, for the effects, you are better off writing the effects in the power description as they appear in the rulebooks, then using the radial menu to re-parse the power description and let the ruleset build the attack, damage, heal and effect entries.

Regards,
    JPG

Added to the release notes specifically for [ABILITY] tag support for PC powers, and RESIST/VULN support for all attacks.

JPG

Thread Information