FG Spreadshirt Swag

Problem with 4e ruleset

I'm running into a combat tracker loop bug in the 4e ruleset, where it keeps looping through targets for the PCs until the game runs down and crashes.

I had been running the 4e_JPG ruleset, and had a similar problem in that version if I deleted any NPCs from the combat tracker if players were logged in. I used the button to click-upgrade to the 4e when that option presented itself today.

I didn't see any other threads of people having this problem. Is it possible it's a holdover from something in the old ruleset? Is anyone else having this problem, and I'm just not finding the threads talking about it?

Edit: I'm running Windows XP
    Last edited by darkivel; February 21st, 2010 at 02:17.

I've never seen this issue reported, and haven't seen it in my game.

Can you give me the exact steps to reproduce with a blank campaign?
    Or the exact steps to reproduce and a copy of your campaign?

Thanks,
    JPG

I'm happy to send you a copy of the campaign.

With combat tracker and a combat map up, 5 PCs connected, the loop would start as soon as a PC with an enemy targeted made an attack roll. Either "<target>" or a target bubble would start to flash on that character in their targeting field. As the combat progressed, more targetting fields grow corrupted, with multiple flashing target indicators. FG becomes laggy, and eventually crashes.

I close and reloaded multiple times and the bug occurred every time. As I said, this was in a campaign converted from the 4e_JPG ruleset. I'm trying to toss together a new, from-scratch campaign to see if the bug occurs then.

A few questions:

* Were you running 4E_JPG v1.5.1 before you upgraded or one of the development versions I had floating around?
    * Do you see the problem with less people connected?
    * Are you manipulating the targeting on the GM side at all? Adding/removing host targets? Or removing client targets?
    * Any other conditions you can think of?

A couple other comments:
    * You might try emptying the combat tracker, and re-adding the PCs.

I'll PM you about getting the campaign.

Thanks,
    JPG

I was running v1.5.1.

The problem didn't occur with only one person connected, but did happen with two.

The first couple times, I was also manipulating targets from the GM side. In later experiments, I didn't do anything except toggle initiatives.

I'll come back and edit as I play with it more.

I think I might have found the issue by reviewing your campaign's db.xml file. It has to do with remnants of incorrect behavior in an old version of FG.

I've updated the ruleset in the patcher. Let me know if it addresses your issue.

Thanks,
    JPG

It seems to be working now. Thanks a bunch!!

Thread Information