STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Im totally lost

Im totally lost

I just upgraded to full and im attempting to establish a connection, and failing at it hard.

I have comcast residential.
    Linksys Wireless G Router
    Running Windows XP

I understand alot of the ip stuff, but i cannot get it to all add up and work.
    Can someone walk me through the setup?

Blog Entries
    Joining a game will merely require you to input the FG host's alias, supply a name and click Join. The host will need to be set up with the ports forwarded from their router to their desktop or laptop. You will need to do the same thing if you wish to host or if you want the Test Connection to work.

You can read up about configuring your system on the FG Wiki pages and ask specific questions here to get additional help.
    https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Networking

If you are still stuck, the following information is normally helpful for us to further diagnose your issue:

1. Are you using the Windows Firewall or do you have another firewall software installed?
    2. Are you trying to host or join a game as a player?
    3. Are you attempting to join from another computer on your local network or is someone attempting to join from outside your network?

Thanks, for the quick reply. I was able to figure it out with some extra tinkering. Many thanks.

Thread Information