DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Module Please

Module Please

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a little help if possible and I've noticed that there a lot of really talented people using FG2.

It's criminal but my gaming crew and I have owned FG since initial release and in theory we love it, sadly we've only used it a couple of times... I'm not the primary DM and I now live thousands of miles from my gaming guys, I'm in the Middle-East, so you'd have thought that FG2 would be the perfect solution for us and it should be.

So to encourage my crew to start thinking more seriously about the tool I want to run a game for them (remember, I'm not a DM). So what I need is a premade module that makes good use of the features in FG2, preferably the 4E_JPG ruleset from Moonwizard. Does anyone have anything that they could share with me to kick this into action?

Really would appreciate seeing what incredibly well created scenarions you people have made. I understand it has to be bespoke and not a printed module that has been converted.

Many thanks in advance.

MattW

Matt,

Unfortunately, there are no publicly available modules for the 4E ruleset, since that would require permission from Wizards to make the data available, which they have not given to anybody yet.

However, there is a 4E parser available that was built by one of the community members that allows you to build FG modules from your existing DDI account. You can find the information on the parser here:
    4E Parser Development Discussion

Cheers,
    JPG

I think he meant an adventure module. That would be legal to distribute, I'm pretty sure. I got the okay to modularize EnWorld's War of the Burning Sky adventure path. I didn't respond to this post earlier, however, because you need to actually purchase EnWorld's PDF/print adventures in order to use the modules (they are standalone, but password protected), so I wasn't sure how useful the suggestion would be. I'm guessing the OP is looking for a free version of something like that, though.

That makes sense. As you mentioned though, I haven't heard of any free 4E modules out there.

Cheers,
    JPG

There are still some WotC modules you might want to convert to FG that are free. You can't beat the RPGA modules for short and sweet and they are distributed in PDF form which makes them easy to convert to FG. You do have to be a member of the RPGA but you can now sign up online. Once you do that you just pass a test and can download the modules.

WotC also made H1 a free download though its a much larger module than the 5-6 encounter RPGA modules. There's an Eberon module too. Those are available here: https://www.wizards.com/dnd/TryDnD.aspx

Thanks for the responses. EugeneZ is right I was referring to a non published module, so for instanced, If someone had created an FG Module themselves, from scratch, all their own work. Surely these are distributable?

I understand the copyright issues with published modules and I don't want to infringe this in anyway.

Example: If I create a generic setting FG module with story, NPC, locations, items that all come from my imagination using the DnD 4E ruleset as a guide, am I allowed to distribute this?

Obviously I was hoping there was a kind soul out there that had done this and was willing to share

MattW

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre
    There are still some WotC modules you might want to convert to FG that are free. You can't beat the RPGA modules for short and sweet and they are distributed in PDF form which makes them easy to convert to FG. You do have to be a member of the RPGA but you can now sign up online. Once you do that you just pass a test and can download the modules.

WotC also made H1 a free download though its a much larger module than the 5-6 encounter RPGA modules. There's an Eberon module too. Those are available here: https://www.wizards.com/dnd/TryDnD.aspx
    Thanks Griogre, It might come to this

MattW

I came across this the other day and wondered about it:

1) Does Smiteworks have to approve anything before it can be released as a FGII product?

2) Being an electronic 4e D&D product would WOTC/Hasbro be happy?

Just curious on people's thoughts..
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk
    I came across this the other day and wondered about it:

1) Does Smiteworks have to approve anything before it can be released as a FGII product?

2) Being an electronic 4e D&D product would WOTC/Hasbro be happy?

Just curious on people's thoughts..
    With regards to WOTC - I would imagine so long as they follow the GSL (which includes registering with WOTC), I think its ok...but its been soooo long since I looked at the GSL I can't say for certain.

Which is why anything I release will be Savage Worlds...sooo much easier to licence...
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

I would be very careful releasing materials for 4E without detailed reading of the GSL. It might even help to consulting a lawyer about it. Especially if you are looking to sell. Wizards is extremely proactive in protecting their copyright.

Thread Information