DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Connection Problems (Yes I Checked Other Threads)

I'm having the same problem as many people, I cannot get the connection test to pass, ever.

I'am running Windows 7 Ultimate and I'm off a secure wireless home network with a wireless card. I don't think the type of card matters but if it does let me know and I'll crack my case, I've forgotten by now.

I only run the basic Windows Firewall as does the computer providing my connection. I've gone onto that computer and tried to open the ports but I have no real idea if I succeeded or not. I've turned the Firewalls for BOTH computers off, nothing.

Like most people I'm not to good with routers/ports/etc. The stickied guide looked good but the Swedish OS made it kind of a wash. Is there anything I can try/do to make this work, I'd hate to have spent 40 dollars for a program I can't use.

If you need anymore of my hardware info, let me know. Any and all help is appreciated.

The problem here is almost certainly the need to get the port forwarding set up correctly on your router. All the firewalls do is open or close the port; you need to set up a rule that passes the traffic coming in on port 1802 on your router to the IP address of your local machine. The way you do this varies from router to router, so I'm afraid you do need to dig out the manual and read up on this.

Check out the article on the FG Wiki run by Oberoten, and also search these forums for Port Forwarding. Your router might also call this something like 'Virtual Server'.

Yes, post your modem/router details, and we may be able to help more.

Spyke
    Free GURPS tools for Fantasy Grounds at www.spyke.me.

Well I checked out the company's site (I lost the manual so had to download it) and it had what I was looking for. The problem is I need the Login for the Router apparently, which I def do not have. It had some instructions for recovering the PW but I don't even know the Login Name so, probably screwed.

I'm somewhat sure I'm going to have to buy a new router, I don't think I have anyway to get into my current one except restore it to the factory settings, I'm not even sure if that would work though and I'm loathe to try unless it def would.

I'm working with a Linksys Wireless G, it's very old and I should probably upgrade it anyways now that I think of it....

Good place to begin :

User:admin (or Admin)
    Password:admin (or 1234 or even entirely blank)

Some routers have the basic logins on a sticker under them.

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Ahah... a quick google of Wireless-G linksys gave me this info:

The default setting for the LinkSys is blank for the user name and "admin" without the quotes for the password. That should bring up your router configuration application in your browser.

- Obe

I shall try that, my parents had it set up by some random PC Repair guy so hopefully he left it factory blank.

Thanks for the help. :]

Hey, gotta watch out for my fellow Swedes. (Yes and the rest of you guys too, don't be jealous. )

- Obe.

Thread Information