STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Be sure to swing by our booth when you are there. JPG and I will be there manning the booth

As if I wouldn't!
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison
    Be sure to swing by our booth when you are there. JPG and I will be there manning the booth
    You can count on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Phystus
    A get-together of FG forumites would be fun! Let's do it!

~P
    Yeah that would be fun..

We could even play actual face-to-face!
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

One word of caution, the cabbies tend to disregard their rates. If you're travelling in downtown Indy, it's $4 (about 5 years ago). Make sure you get the rate hammered before getting in.

Rent a locker right away. Then you can dump your books in the locker if your bag fills up. Dice? Unless you have a special set, leave them at home. There's plenty of dice to be bought.

Plenty of restraunts in walking distance, so give those a try. There's a couple of micro breweries, Hooters, Chik-fil-a (never heard of it before, will never forget), and other quick bites. Not sure if they're setting it up again, but they have been doing a "Spy themed" bar.

As mentioned, events go FAST! In other words, "camp out" on the website the day of and have a spreadsheet of things you want. Small numbers with interesting concepts disapear very quickly. Not sure if lag is still an issue now, it was horrible 5 years ago. We had 3 of us buying up events just so that we could get what we wanted (and failed on some). Check the process for backing out of events on the GenCon website.

My tactic is the Dealer Hall on the first day, and hit it up when I have free time. Also, wander the Board Game hall, some really nice setups there if you're a minis person.

Quote Originally Posted by tdewitt274
    Chik-fil-a (never heard of it before, will never forget),
    Except Sunday! All Chik-fil-a's are closed Sunday (company policy).

Quote Originally Posted by tdewitt274
    Not sure if they're setting it up again, but they have been doing a "Spy themed" bar.
    That's because everyone misses being able to go to the SafeHouse here in Milwaukee!

I'll be in the Gamer Concepts booth most of the Con. Feel free to stop by.
    Concentration and dedication are the hallmarks of... Oh! Shiney!!
    CST (GMT -6:00)

Thanks for all the helpful information...

Everywhere you go people say you need to have worked out which events you want to see and there are even posts I am finding that tell you how to use excel/freebie equilivants to sort the csv file you get.

I take it right now (as events are till being submitted) that the 2010 event list is not available to download?

Every link I see seems to be just the 2009 list?

Just want to be sure I am not being a total noob here!

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

You have it about right. I think the event list is usually available around the March/April. I know for sure its available the beginning of June.

Blog Entries
    The final online list is usually available a few weeks before event pre-registration opens. So you can have an enjoyable afternoon plotting out your schedule beforehand, and then when registration opens you can get through it pretty quickly. How important registering early is to you will depend on what you're looking for. Some events always sell out quickly, others will take some weeks to fill up, and others never fill.

It also pays to go back towards the close of pre-reg and see if anything has been added late.

And, as someone has noted, a few generic tickets are a good idea.

As for the meetup, how about noon Friday at the Smiteworks booth?

~P

Friday afternoon sounds like a plan...

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Thread Information