5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Positive response from Posthuman Studios for Eclipse Phase

I emailed Posthuman about building a system for Eclipse Phase in FG2, here was the response.

Hi Bryan,

> I am curious if you know of anyone who is building the ruleset and
    > modules for Eclipse Phase for the Fantasy Grounds 2 VTT? If so,
    > could you please provide information on this, and if not, I would
    > like permission to begin the effort.

I haven't seen anything, but you might want to ask on the forums?
    https://eclipsephase.com/forum

You don't need permission from us as long as you follow the terms of the Creative Commons licensing:
    https://eclipsephase.com/cclicense

This would be awesome to see -- please keep us posted about it!

--
    :: Rob Boyle ::
    :: Eclipse Phase Line Developer :: Posthuman Studios LLC ::
    :: https://eclipsephase.com ::
    :: AIM: posthumansprite :: Y!M: eclipsephase :: twitter: infomorph ::
    So it sounds like we should be able to do this without any issues.

I followed up asking if we might be able to get some of the source graphics and data from the rulebook. Would make it easier than cutting and pasting from the PDF.

-Bryan

Wouldn't hurt to also follow up and ask if they'd be interested in signing up with Smiteworks to allow for having a commercial Ruleset with content and adventure modules as well.
    • Trying to find a community Ruleset, Extension or Information on how to complete a process? Try FGRepository.
    • PM Myself if you have new or updated community Rulesets, Extensions or Information that you'd like added to FGRepository.

Has anything come of this?

The grass really is greener.

Quote Originally Posted by WskOsc
    Has anything come of this?
    I started the initial push for this, and I have since switched to Roll20.net.
    I am working on API Scripts for Eclipse Phase in Roll20 and I run games in that system.

I really wanted to use Fantasy Grounds, and I tried to dig in behind the scenes and build modules, but the barrier to entry was too high for me. Roll20 API is based on Javascript which I already know how to program in.

Best of luck to whoever decides to take on this project for Eclipse Phase in FG.

The only drawback is that the Roll20 API requires a Mentor level annual subscription.

Also, I used JavaScript to build game system definition files on Klooge before moving to Fantasy Grounds. I found that JavaScript was much more prone to breaking and errors than Lua.

Currently working on an update to provide a core layer of features available to all rulesets in the next big release. Hopefully, this will make building new rulesets easier.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    The only drawback is that the Roll20 API requires a Mentor level annual subscription.

Also, I used JavaScript to build game system definition files on Klooge before moving to Fantasy Grounds. I found that JavaScript was much more prone to breaking and errors than Lua.

Currently working on an update to provide a core layer of features available to all rulesets in the next big release. Hopefully, this will make building new rulesets easier.

Regards,
    JPG
    Actually I usually found JavaScript to be much more "debugging-friendly" than Lua, on the programmers side though, I far prefer Lua. Mind you, I also prefer FG to that other program. If the correspondence was specific in stating FG 2, I'd stick with FG 2, unless there was another agreement made. Besides Why would you want to deny us FG 2 fans of Eclipse Phase? That seems rather selfish .

Cheers,
    SF
    Aliens.... Go fig?

That's why I'm working every day on the next version to make it easier to have a base ruleset. It won't necessarily be easier to build the custom sheets you need, but all the standard components will already be implemented and kept up to date automatically (i.e. story, images, token box, calendar, etc.) Also, there will be a built-in generic ruleset that is essentially the base layer with a generic character sheet.

Cheers,
    JPG

And that is awesome, AWEsome news, MW!!!

Thread Information